Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burn AudioCD has Static on Player (Read 1185 times) previous topic - next topic

Burn AudioCD has Static on Player

I have tried to burn audio CDs but most of them has static on several tracks.

Weird, the CDs play fine on the laptop CD-ROM I burned them with but it has static on my cd player or car audio.

Re: Burn AudioCD has Static on Player

Reply #1
Are you sure you've burned them as audio CDs and not data CDs?
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #2

Yes 16bit 44Khz Flacs burned as audio cd via CdburnerXp Windows and Brasero Ubuntu with 10x speed

Reply #3
Some CD players - especially older ones - are picky about which burned CDs they'll read. You might need to burn at a lower speed or use different discs.

Reply #4

Yes 16bit 44Khz Flacs burned as audio cd via CdburnerXp Windows and Brasero Ubuntu with 10x speed
Are these decoded to wav before burning? FLAC files will sound like static if burned to CD without decoding. I'm not familiar with the software you are using, but given they play on the PC, but not using the CD player or the car audio, that sounds (no pun intended! ;)) very much lime the problem to me.

Reply #5
To check whether they are indeed audio CDs - and not the data session in an audio CD - try insert in the computer's optical drive and
* Check directory contents
* Try rip it with a CD ripper! (Not because you need the content, but to see what happens.)