Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: David Copperfield does cables (Read 2818 times) previous topic - next topic

David Copperfield does cables

Ok, it was actually some Nordost rep doing street magic at the last Axpona event. Enjoy!:
http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5659

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Re: David Copperfield does cables

Reply #1
*clap* *clap*

Now I'm wondering how they could burn a CD-R that displays the same track number..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In fact, as a former mastering engineer, I could create a custom CD-R that would retain the same track number so no one would be the wiser. I regret not recording the whole session or keeping track of the track number being played.

Reply #2
There's a fine bold line between stage magic and fraud....     

Reply #3
That is some seriously impressive snake oil sales.  Would have been to be in the crowd and say "Try this with my CD!"

Reply #4
Finaly we have a number for high end power cord sound, it is that easy: 1-2dB louder
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #6
Apparently Nordost's legal department threatened him into retracting his observations.

Reply #7
Luckily Google Chache still hosts the originial post.
Here it is:

Reply #8
It's essentially an admission of guilt to cowardly hide behind a team of lawyers paid to quash what is nothing than an offering of an alternative explanation to that which was being presented.

Reply #10
Does this refer to handling noise?
No, it refers to the text of Mark Waldrep.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #11
I suppose we don't want to quote this in text form, lest it be indexable?

Reply #12
For fear of being sued we are only allowed to request truth from power...

...politely.

I say grow a pair and re-write a better piece.  Rise to proper journalistic standards, if there still is such a thing.

Reply #13
I don't think he should have been intimidated by that stupid legal threat. Probably all that would be required is to remove the parts that contain words like "complete BS ..." etc, and the whole piece would become merely one person's observation of an event.

But I'm not the guy who wrote it and received the threat, so I respect his decision to to remove it, having been apparently spooked by the Cease and Desist.

It kind of reminds me of this video I watched recently, which talks about staying calm and not freaking out when receiving a legal threat: That Awesome Time I Was Sued For Two Billion Dollars

Reply #14
I don't think he should have been intimidated by that stupid legal threat. Probably all that would be required is to remove the parts that contain words like "complete BS ..." etc, and the whole piece would become merely one person's observation of an event.

It would still amount to an accusation of fraud. It boils down to manipulation of program material to make it look as if a cable had a result which it did not. The language may be more, or less, polite, but the message is clear.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain