Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can anyone fill me in... (Read 6443 times) previous topic - next topic

Can anyone fill me in...

Reply #25
For 1:1 audio copies, I can also recommend Plextools. If you have a Plextor drive, that is.

A big advantage is the advanced error correction capabilities you can use with the copy function.

I don't know for sure if it also suffers from the issue Roberto mentioned, but I would guess not, because I have personally verified (with the aid of EAC) that it uses correct read/write offsets.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Can anyone fill me in...

Reply #26
@thop: did you mean this thread?

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=ubrxq...yfqdn.de&rnum=1

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=87vfv....oche.de&rnum=1

With the google translator I get the impression that it's uncertain if Feurio! 2 will be released. Did I read well? is there any hope?

I don't know for sure if it also suffers from the issue Roberto mentioned, but I would guess not, because I have personally verified (with the aid of EAC) that it uses correct read/write offsets.

Offsets are not really related to the 588 samples issue.
I don't think PlexTools can do it.
In that case, PlexTools (or any other program) should have several options to configure the pauses.

When the size of the tracks aren't multiple of a CD-DA sector, most programs add silence to complete the last sector.
Nero cuts the end of track (including your music  ): It deletes size_of_track mod 588 samples.

And professional programs will let you choose between one of those 2 options, and another option that avoids gaps by filling the last sector of the track with the first samples of the following track.