Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMP Tag Plus - MPEG4, Vorbis and FLAC metadata support for WMP (Read 526655 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WMP Tag Plus - MPEG4, Vorbis and FLAC metadata support for WMP

Reply #825
Yes, sorry. I know WMC is out of date and it is a work-around to get it installed on Windows 10/11 but thought someone might be using WMP Tag Plus because it places the same tags in WMC as WMP.

Reply #826
Same issue as lascetic but can't seem to locate the 2.12 version. Anyone have a link please?

Reply #828
Announcement: WMP Tag Plus 2.12 has gone out of beta and the final version is now available for download. As previously announced, this version fixes the "One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly" error message at Windows Media Player startup on Windows 11, as well as on newer versions of Windows 10. There are no additional new features or fixes compared to the beta version.

Reply #829
Since Windows 11 only comes in 64bit, I wonder if at some point Microsoft will eliminate the 32bit Media Player. Doesn't WMP Tag Plus only work on the 32bit version? If so, are there plans to make a 64bit version or get it to work with the 64bit? Thanks for your continued support and help.

Reply #830
Windows 11 indeed only comes in 64-bit, but still includes 32-bit versions of all programs, including WMP. Since backwards compatibility must be preserved, it's unlikely that Microsoft will remove these 32-bit versions in the near future.

WMP Tag Plus indeed only supports the 32-bit version of WMP and there are no plans to support 64-bit (and there probably never will be). Supporting 64-bit would require a complete rewrite of the plug-in, time and energy that I would much rather spend on new features and other projects :)

Reply #831
I hope not... Not willing to give up WMP or WMP Tag Plus! Thanks