Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_trackfinder (Read 19707 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_trackfinder

I'm splitting the track finder component of playlist tree into its own component. 

* info: http://wiki.bowron.us/index.php/Foobar2000#foo_trackfinder
* download: http://foobar.bowron.us/foo_trackfinder.zip
* pretty picture: http://foobar.bowron.us/foo_trackfinder.png

I've re-engineered the way that track finder works, so it will work better for larger sets now.  The menu structure is dynamically created so that large sets will not exceed the available HMENU resources.

I also moved the Track Finder option in the main menu from Library/Playlist Tree to its own entry under View
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_trackfinder

Reply #1
well... nice enough  doesn't seem to break foobar anymore (I'll give you a crash log if want... I never managed to use the old trackfinder )

anyway... changing/adding actions in configuration don't seem to have any effect
I want to find and play ... is it possible?

foo_trackfinder

Reply #2
well... nice enough  doesn't seem to break foobar anymore (I'll give you a crash log if want... I never managed to use the old trackfinder )

anyway... changing/adding actions in configuration don't seem to have any effect
I want to find and play ... is it possible?

It should be possible.  Set one of the actions to "Play".  I'm not sure if that command comes in the standard install or if its part of foo_utils.

Changing the actions is working for me.  I'm wondering if there might be an issue if you have not upgraded to the latest version of playlist tree which has track finder removed from it.

foo_trackfinder

Reply #3
Changing the actions is working for me.  I'm wondering if there might be an issue if you have not upgraded to the latest version of playlist tree which has track finder removed from it.

That did the trick ... thanks

But I'd expect that play works even with artists/album menu selected. Just pick some random track from the specified artist/album... so I wouldn't have to go all the way to a specific track. That would mean going thru more than 4 or 5 submenus... and I'd better use quicksearch toolbar instead

foo_trackfinder

Reply #4
But I'd expect that play works even with artists/album menu selected. Just pick some random track from the specified artist/album... so I wouldn't have to go all the way to a specific track. That would mean going thru more than 4 or 5 submenus... and I'd better use quicksearch toolbar instead

You could use one of the items in the edit submenu from foo_utils, such as "Add To Current Playlist and Play".

foo_trackfinder

Reply #5
You could use one of the items in the edit submenu from foo_utils, such as "Add To Current Playlist and Play".

well... creating several additional playlists or modifying current playlists isn't my exact desire... I just needed find and play... anyway not a BIG deal

edit:I use Alt+F as a shortcut... and when menu is displayed F is automatically selected (regardless how quickly I realease F key )

foo_trackfinder

Reply #6
WOW!  This is nice, but as always I have a few requests. 

A right-click to open option (don't even know if it's possible)

Cursor follower,  Change to the selection in the playlist and change the Album Art.  *edit*  Figureed it out.  Added a PLAY option in the preferences drop-downs

foo_trackfinder

Reply #7
The following default format strings mix the artists and albums.
Code: [Select]
$upper($left(%artist%,1))|%artist%|%album%|[$num(%tracknumber%,2) - ]%title%
$upper($left(%album%,1))|%album%|[$num(%tracknumber%,2) - ]%title%

By prefixing these two strings with _ and @ (or any other characters you like), you can group the menu items by artists and albums.
_$upper($left(%artist%,1))|%artist%|%album%|[$num(%tracknumber%,2) - ]%title%
@$upper($left(%album%,1))|%album%|[$num(%tracknumber%,2) - ]%title%

But if cwbowron can make it an option/setting to show one of the options (just by artists or by albums), that will be better.

foo_trackfinder

Reply #8
A bug (I think) and request.

Bug  =  the "//" comment indicator doesn't seem to work with the format strings.

Request  =  could we have an option to put the "All" selector at the top OR at the bottom of the dynamic menus? It would be nice if we could have two separate settings: one for the leaves level (I like All at the top of a lst of tracks) and one for the other levels (I like it better at the bottom of a list of albums).
Even better would be choosing All just right clicking on any item of the chosen level while having that menu open.

Thanks.

foo_trackfinder

Reply #9
That was it? No more replies? I think I've reported a bug back in post #6

foo_trackfinder

Reply #10
 Release 2.1.1

* updated to latest SDK and related fixes
    * faster generation of the underlying tree: 2.19s vs .77s (~7000 files)

foo_trackfinder

Reply #11
cwbowron,

I'm getting an error when trying to open the ZIP file.  It says that it is "missing 256 bytes in zipfile".

foo_trackfinder

Reply #12
cwbowron,

I'm getting an error when trying to open the ZIP file.  It says that it is "missing 256 bytes in zipfile".

Thanks... I forget to enable binary mode when I uploaded it... Should be fixed now

foo_trackfinder

Reply #13
Works like a charm now.

foo_trackfinder

Reply #14
I defined all 5 commands for this plugin. But as i use this sweet little tool for many reasons i need more than just these 5 actions. I want to ask for an option that would display the whole context menu under the 5 actions (divided through a seperator)

foo_trackfinder

Reply #15
Hi, do you intend to share your source code? I want to recompile it and debug with my foo_dock.