Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cue Ripper and pre emphasis (Read 2448 times) previous topic - next topic

Cue Ripper and pre emphasis

I have some old Denon CDs that are described in various forums as having pre emphasis and CUE Ripper is supposed to detect pre emphasis flags both in TOC and subcode.
One of these CDs I have is Valery Afanassiev - Bach, das Wohltemperierte Klavier. The disc is detected as having pre emphasis in dbpoweramp, but not in CUE Ripper.
Do I have to turn on pre emphasis detection anywhere?

Re: Cue Ripper and pre emphasis

Reply #1
Unfortunately, not all CDs are made correctly ... what does CUERipper do if the TOC is flagged as pre-emphasis and the subcode is not? Obey the subcode?

But listen to it. Is it overly bright?

Reply #3
Thanks guys
Detect indexes = true is turned on. However the disc is not listed as having pre-emphasis. Where on the screen would I see if it was?
Luckily the highs were so overly bright, that it was obvious.

Reply #4
Not on the GUI, will be specified in the CUE sheet after ripping by FLAGS PRE command.
edit: you can actually view the .CUE file shortly after index detection is complete.
korth