Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Changing the color of the panels background? (Read 4744 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing the color of the panels background?

Finally have foobar customized the way I want it, well almost. I just want to change the backgrounds (colors) of the panels. Not sure how
to do this, but I have tried. Any suggestions?

Also if it's rather easy to do, is there a way to change the colors of the menu bar?

Thank you

Reply #1
A lot depends on what user interface you are using and what components. Would help to actually say what you have tried that did not work so we do not waste time on the bloody obvious. Such as, have you tried altering the background colors via the option available in submenus under Preferences>Display?

Reply #2
Yes actually that is exactly what and the only thing that I have tried. It does not change anything. To me that is the most obvious choice, but like I said it does nothing. The only components I'm using besides the ones that come with foobar2000 are one for Lyrics (Lyrics Show Panel v3), and another for bio info about the artist.

If you need more detail from me, let me know. I've been using foobar for many years but have always relied on others' skins. This was my first attempt at doing it myself and I've never really explored much.

Reply #3
Checkboxes by the colors are all on? I don't remember the default state for those.

Reply #4
Yes they are all checked. Checked or unchecked it makes no difference. Just want a dark background is all. White is just.... to white for me. I prefer a darker color. Not sure what other information I can offer up. Latest version of foobar.

Reply #5
What else can I say? Here's a rundown.

You're not running any skinners like Windowblinds or somesuch?

Post all your components, in any case.

Reply #6
Are you using Columns UI or Default UI?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #8
How can you not know. Regardless, if that is the case, I believe working with color preference that are clearly related to the Default User interface will not do much. 

You might try preferences>Display>CUI>Colours and Fonts

From post #2
A lot depends on what user interface you are using and what components.

Reply #9
That worked! Thanks a ton!

Lesson learned.