Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3tag V.2.33 released (Read 18410 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #25
I guess it is useful for other developers to reply here, because e.g. foobar can't show correct WMA bitrates. Actually, all programs I've recently tried have a problem with this.

WMA is so #?*<!

I'll try to find a solution for this.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345604"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If everything should fail, how about doing the calculation for WMA "by hand" using the formula that implies the file size and the duration?

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #26
If everything should fail, how about doing the calculation for WMA "by hand" using the formula that implies the file size and the duration?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345632"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The result would be slightly inaccurate because the header and file tags would be included. Embedded cover art, lyrics tags etc could make the bitrate quite wrong.

I suppose you already know this, but remember when making kbps calculations:
1 kilobit = 1000 bits (not 1024 this time). It's the usual standard.

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #27
If everything should fail, how about doing the calculation for WMA "by hand" using the formula that implies the file size and the duration?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345632"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The result would be slightly inaccurate because the header and file tags would be included. Embedded cover art, lyrics tags etc could make the bitrate quite wrong.

I suppose you already know this, but remember when making kbps calculations:
1 kilobit = 1000 bits (not 1024 this time). It's the usual standard.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345657"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

MP3Tag could substract the tag size from the file size - returning the size of the tags is already possible.

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #28
I guess it is useful for other developers to reply here, because e.g. foobar can't show correct WMA bitrates. Actually, all programs I've recently tried have a problem with this.

WMA is so #?*<!

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can anyone please try it with [a href="http://anytag.de/downloads/nonpublic/mp3tagv234a1setup.exe]this unofficial version[/url]. I found another way to get the bitrate through the IWMStreamConfig interface.

Best regards,
~ Florian

P.S. Calculating bitrate based on file size will fail for WMA files with multiple streams.

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #29
I tried it quickly.

It is much better.

I have only a few WMA VBR files, but I calculated the bitrates of a couple of big untagged files manually (I tried to minimize the effect of the header size). I think the decimal values above 0.5 are truncated instead of rounding them. Could this be possible? At max the difference would be ~0.99 so it's not a biggie, but perhaps this would make the tool unsuitable for measuring test samples.

[span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%']Edit:[/span] Thanks

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #30

WMA is so #?*<!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345604"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hahaha.

Sidenote: WMA is very #@%^^*%&.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345514"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

#@%$& piece of WMA crap...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345527"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #31
2.) Is it possible just to save the album art in the file and not the entire tag? I'm aware that I could save the album art and add it by hand.

Yes, this is possible. I've just added a cover-only version of the Amazon.com web source to the Web Sources Archive.

I've put your other suggestions on my internal wish list.

Best regards,
~ Florian
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345499"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thank you. I've another request. Would it be posssible to search by Artist and Title? I'm just wondering how else one can get a hold of the album art for the Singles and EP's...
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #32
I've another request. Would it be posssible to search by Artist and Title? I'm just wondering how else one can get a hold of the album art for the Singles and EP's...

Yes. Just open the Amazon.com.src from %APPDATA%\Mp3tag\data\sources and replace
Code: [Select]
[SearchBy]=%artist%
by
Code: [Select]
[SearchBy]=%artist% - %album%

Best regards,
~ Florian

P.S. It would be great if you can post further requests at the Mp3tag Forums

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #33
ok, that works. thank you. I've tried to post in your foum, but I don't want to create an account just for that. Anyway, how about an option to add lyrics automatically?
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #34
Look in this part of the forum.

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #35
I've just released Mp3tag v2.35!

The most significant changes are - along with many bugfixes and minor changes - a new action type to mass-import cover art from files, buttons for quick freedb/web sources queries at the toolbar and language files for traditional and simplified chinese.

You can download it from
http://mp3tag.de/en/download.html

The huge changelog is here
http://www.mp3tag.de/download/mp3tagversion.en.html

Hope you'll like it

Best regards,
~ Florian

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #36
I've just released Mp3tag v2.35!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355299"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It shows how much attention I was paying, since I had never heard of Mp3tag before.
The screenshots alone were enough to make me download it!

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #37
I like it allot and will recommend it to people. It has a plethora of great features, and one that's very important (to me) is 'File > Save Configuration', pure genius!

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #38
I like it allot and will recommend it to people. It has a plethora of great features, and one that's very important (to me) is 'File > Save Configuration', pure genius!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355316"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you  Glad that you like it!

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #39
Thanks for another release Ganymed  I've used MP3Tag all the time for quite a while now and it always does exactly what I need.
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #40
a new action type to mass-import cover art from files
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355299"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks a lot. Once again you did a great job! The quick (album) button is awesome. Thank you for implementing it so quickly. It would be nice if one could actually select the source for the quick button as well, because otherwise I have to use the regular button to change it and cancel the dialog where it asks me for the name of the album just to make use of the quick button for the source I want to use.

Also, what do you mean by 'mass-import' from files? I don't understand what that function could be used for...or is it actually possible now to quickly import album art for many files? If yes, how would I do that?

thank you

Mp3tag V.2.33 released

Reply #41
Thanks again for the nice feedback

Also, what do you mean by 'mass-import' from files? I don't understand what that function could be used for...or is it actually possible now to quickly import album art for many files? If yes, how would I do that?
No. This is not possible (yet). 'Import Cover from files' is a new action type (see 'Converter > Actions') which you can use to mass-import already existing covers from image files on your hdd.

Best regards,
~ Florian