Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dropbox integration component? (Read 1597 times) previous topic - next topic

Dropbox integration component?

Hi all,

I have a large media library consisting of over 24000 FLAC's. All of this is synced into my Dropbox account and I use a nifty app called Cloudbeats on iPhone to stream my own collection on the go.

For my work laptop with insufficient storage I am trying to find a similar functioning app that lets me access my dropbox collection without having to sync the files down.

Clementine used to do this but doesn't appear to work, or takes years to return an index of my files.

I think this would be a great component for foobar. Anyone else?
Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC

Re: Dropbox integration component?

Reply #1
There is no Dropbox integration component for foobar2000, but files from Dropbox can be played using playlist with direct links.

Reply #2
I agree, a plugin would be awesome. You mentioned Clementine, but also Aimp has a plugin that can do that, AudioCloud (it works with Dropbox, Google Drive, and others): https://www.aimp.ru/?do=catalog&rec_id=652
But obviously, a plugin for Foobar would be a better option.

Reply #3
I remember some way to mount dropbox folders and from other servers to the PC without using the official APP or syncing down. At least it worked some years ago. Maybe you could investigate through that path, once the server folder is mount as a disk, you can access it with any app, no need for plugins.