Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: linux lancer oggenc is not gapless? (Read 4484 times) previous topic - next topic

linux lancer oggenc is not gapless?

I recently wrote a script that would walk through a tree of flac and make a lossy mirror of it on another drive.  I was encoding using the linux build of the Lancer oggenc, and after about a day of transcoding I decided to try it on my rockboxed player.  There were gaps between every song of a mix, so I looked at the ogg files in audacity...there was a short piece of silence at the end of each file!  Is this a known bug with the lancer build?

Note: I am encoding from stdin rather than a separate wave file, is that the problem?

Reply #1
This happens with both stdin and file inputs. Here's an image of the end of the file, lancer ogg vorbis on top, wave on the bottom.

Reply #2
Also, note that using wine with the windows lancer build works fine.  Something went wrong with the linux compile.