Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin that writes playback status/now playing info to file (Read 1401 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin that writes playback status/now playing info to file

I'm looking for a plugin what writes now playing info (i.e. %artist% - %title%) or playback status ('paused'/'stopped') to a simple text file in a specific folder (outside fb2k install dir). Seems strange but I would like to make a World of Warcraft plugin that shows my music ingame, but sadly WoW plugins can only read files in their own directory and can't access anything outside WoW so this would be my solution to that. I have no problem with coding stuff, but got lost trying to get started with the fb2k SDK.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!
For instance: is it possible to write to this file outside of the fb2k install dir?

It nothing exists I'll give the SDK another shot and try to make something myself.

Re: Plugin that writes playback status/now playing info to file

Reply #1
foo_np_simple should be exactly what you're looking for.
http://skipyrich.com/wiki/Foobar2000:Now_Playing_Simple.

It should work, as it is a very simple plugin, but it hasn't been updated in a very long time, so it may have a few issues.
If it doesn't work, you could always write a script using JSPanel to simply write to a file, but the downside of that is that you will have to have a JSPanel somewhere in your UI.

Re: Plugin that writes playback status/now playing info to file

Reply #2
Thanks for both suggestions! I'll check 'm out as soon as I have time tonight :)