Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My last 10 posts - new replies icon? (Read 2896 times) previous topic - next topic

My last 10 posts - new replies icon?

Hi guys,

Simple question. In my assisstant, on the My last 10 posts tab, I can see my posts and at the bottom there is a legend that shows icons for threads with new replies, but I cannot see those icons next to my posts. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
icstm

Reply #1
I think that’s just a generic box that appears below various pages such as search results and forum indexes. I doubt you’re doing anything wrong.

Besides, that page is for your last ten posts, whereas the icons are for threads; so, if you’re wanting to see whether people have replied to your posts, this seems not to be the way.

I think the icons probably just appear in all lists of search results, but only because such a list may include threads. For individual posts, the legend is irrelevant.

Reply #2
so is there an easy way to see if there are replies to your posts, or do you need to subscribe to each thread?
Other BB offer an option, I am not sure about IPBoard. (I like the clean layout here btw)

Reply #3
I can think of one potential method:

Click “Search” near the top right, click “More Search Options”, enter your username into the box near the top right of the resulting page, and then click “Perform the search”; assuming you leave in place the default options “Show results as topics” and sorting by descending order of the latest post, you will see a list of all threads in which you have posted, sorted by the most recent reply and labelled with the name of the user who made it.

I hope that’s of some use, at least! Perhaps other users with more knowledge of IP.Board will have better ideas about this.