Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I want to buy an old Plexwriter (Read 4326 times) previous topic - next topic

I want to buy an old Plexwriter

Just wondering if anyone has, or knows someone who has, any Plexwriter 16/10/40a's hanging around that I could buy.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Just wondering if anyone has, or knows someone who has, any Plexwriter 16/10/40a's hanging around that I could buy.

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225642"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ebay?!
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #2
/me greedily hugs mine. You can't have it.

I looked at replacing it a few times, but, if it ain't broke ....

Ebay or google is all I could think of.

Did you want it for the great ripping or something else?

The Lite-On drives are actually a little better for ripping. I own both.

Reply #3
Well, I've got one, I'd love to replace it with something faster if I ever get some cash, but it's technically on indefinate loan from one of my friends, as my Yamaha CRW-F1 broke in the same week he got a new Plex 708A.

Reply #4
I've been checking Ebay...I was able to buy one, but it was the only one listed. I need this model because I have third-party software that was written specifically to work with it. I'm checking Plexwriters that are a little newer and hopefully a few of those will work as well.

ddrawley--  what would it take to get you to quit hugging it? 

Any help will be appreciated!

Reply #5
I never really thought about it. No reason to sell it. No reason not to.
Email me at drawley@mindspring.com if you want to make me an offer.

Reply #6
If i had known this things are still worth anything... gave my old 16x to a friend, back when i got my first Lite-On.