Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer (Read 70757 times) previous topic - next topic
Dfaure, MaFred and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #775
I'm seeing a bug in Linux under WINE, and I understand that this may be a low priority to address, if at all. :) Perhaps it's something I can fix on my end by installing another library that other Linux users have encountered.

The problem is in the color selection dialog: the input boxes for the HSL and RGB values only permit two digits. They'll display the full initial value, but changing anything stops at two.
I have absolutely no way to replicate or test this. But I do know the implementation. The standard dialog has been extended with the alpha value and slider but anything else is standard Windows. The code that implements that dialog is Microsoft's and has not changed.

So I'd first look into similar bug reports on Wine, preferably those where the application extends the dialog.

Reply #776
I'm seeing a bug in Linux under WINE, and I understand that this may be a low priority to address, if at all. :) Perhaps it's something I can fix on my end by installing another library that other Linux users have encountered.

The problem is in the color selection dialog: the input boxes for the HSL and RGB values only permit two digits. They'll display the full initial value, but changing anything stops at two.
I have absolutely no way to replicate or test this. But I do know the implementation. The standard dialog has been extended with the alpha value and slider but anything else is standard Windows. The code that implements that dialog is Microsoft's and has not changed.

So I'd first look into similar bug reports on Wine, preferably those where the application extends the dialog.

OK, following a few leads from here, I seem to have fixed the issue by installing the Microsoft Sans Serif Regular font. I just put it in ~/.local/share/fonts rather than using WINE to do it.

I did try a couple other things, and the residue is still present: I installed, through winetricks, the comdlg32ocx component. It's a 32-bit component in a 64-bit prefix, and it didn't seem to have any immediate effect, but it's still present after a full reboot, and I don't know how to uninstall it. Maybe it helped, I don't know.

I also tried changing the registry setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current\Version\FontSubstitutes\MS Shell Dlg to "MS Sans Serif". I'm not sure that this was necessary: in fact, I just changed it again to "Noto Sans" to match the fonts elsewhere. This seems to change the font in use throughout the Spectrum Analyzer configuration dialog, and the color dialog still works this way.

I guess just the presence of the MS Sans Serif font somewhere is enough to make the color picker happy.

Reply #777
I'm using the peak meter, and I had trouble getting the bars to fill the space: there was a blank area to the left, and they only filled half of the space vertically (with a horizontal layout). I have since fixed it, but the fix seemed weird. The relevant settings were on the graphs page, unticking all of the "Top", "Bottom", "Left", and "Right" boxes. These were all grayed out since I had the Mode set to None for both axes, so I had to set the modes to something else to get at them first. Should they still affect things when so idled?

Reply #778
I'm using the peak meter, and I had trouble getting the bars to fill the space: there was a blank area to the left, and they only filled half of the space vertically (with a horizontal layout). I have since fixed it, but the fix seemed weird. The relevant settings were on the graphs page, unticking all of the "Top", "Bottom", "Left", and "Right" boxes. These were all grayed out since I had the Mode set to None for both axes, so I had to set the modes to something else to get at them first. Should they still affect things when so idled?
It's a UI choice I had to make:

- Unchecking the boxes: Don't reserve space for the element.
- Color Source "None": Don't render.

There's an overlap for some elements but I keep it for consistency.