Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Refreshing scripts when custom variable changes (Read 2893 times) previous topic - next topic

Refreshing scripts when custom variable changes

I have created a custom script variable using metadb_display_hook and want to refresh scripts which use that variable.
I discovered dispatch_refresh() method which takes handle list but I don't know exactly what should I insert into that list.
Currently I tried g_get_random_handle() which gets me 'some' handle and all seems to work, but I have strange feeling that this is not the right to do.

Would somebody be so kind and give me some advice what handle should I pass to dispatch_refresh() to refresh the scripts?

Thank you.

Refreshing scripts when custom variable changes

Reply #1
Sorry for the late answer. The metadb_display_hook variable is intended to provide additional information for specific tracks. If your custom field is not associated with specific tracks, but with some global value, then there is no correct way to notify other components about changes.