Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Many pops and other noise when converting MP3 Files for use in car w/ Compressor (Read 932 times) previous topic - next topic

Many pops and other noise when converting MP3 Files for use in car w/ Compressor

I am having problems finding a good solution to convert my MP3's and FLACs for use in my car. I have tried various compressors and limiters. The two most recent ones I have used George Yohng's W1 Limiter and GComp (both use the George Yohng VST Wrapper, have produced lost of nasty pops after conversion.

My immediate assumption was that the conversion stream was clipping. But I tried out several songs using the compressors and got clean sound in both occasions before I started the conversion.

Is there a way to handle this issue in foobar? I'm using the latest stable version but not the beta.

Re: Many pops and other noise when converting MP3 Files for use in car w/ Compressor

Reply #1
I am having problems finding a good solution to convert my MP3's and FLACs for use in my car. I have tried various compressors and limiters. The two most recent ones I have used George Yohng's W1 Limiter and GComp (both use the George Yohng VST Wrapper, have produced lost of nasty pops after conversion.

My immediate assumption was that the conversion stream was clipping. But I tried out several songs using the compressors and got clean sound in both occasions before I started the conversion.

Is there a way to handle this issue in foobar? I'm using the latest stable version but not the beta.
Use the Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter by Yegor Petrov and not George Yohng VST Wrapper.
George Yohng VST Wrapper in some cases not stable.
Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter by Yegor Petrov - https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,84947.0.html
Try this one vst!
> Jeroen Breebaart :   Broadcast  - http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=548
Select settings - smooth or agc mode

Re: Many pops and other noise when converting MP3 Files for use in car w/ Compressor

Reply #2
Thanks for the advice! I think that will help a lot.

Reply #3
 That Broadcast VST really did the ticket for my car tunes, Thanks!