Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AMIP - the complete now playing plug-in (Read 230571 times) previous topic - next topic

AMIP - the complete now playing plug-in

Reply #25
What about a quick guide on how to set this great thing up with Bersirc?

You need ddewrapper plug-in for Bersirc installed to make it support DDE exchange, in AMIP set up DDE Server to BERS and make sure that direct send option is disabled.

Actually there is a readme in the ddewrapper zip, you can get it here:

http://www.rzone.ru/amip/2.39/ddewrapper.zip

Ok I've gotten it to work with Bersirc, but not the way I want. Right now it announces EVERY song, but I'd like it to work so I could announce the songs manually with some command (ie. /fb2k). How would this work? In mIRC it's easy with the aliases, but I don't know how to get it to work with Bersirc.

Reply #26
Ok I've gotten it to work with Bersirc, but not the way I want. Right now it announces EVERY song, but I'd like it to work so I could announce the songs manually with some command (ie. /fb2k). How would this work? In mIRC it's easy with the aliases, but I don't know how to get it to work with Bersirc.

Hmm, I don't use Bersirc for 2 years =) I don't know. If it has something similar to mIRC aliases, you can use the '/dde mplug format' approach described 2 posts above, otherwise you can set up clipboard integration as described in the Quick Start and announce by hotkey (it is not convenient because you'll need to press enter to send the message).

Ok, I'll install Bersirc and check what I can do for you in a couple of days =).

Reply #27
Ok thanks for helping. You really don't have to hurry, as I'm leaving the day after tomorrow to a camp for a week and so I can't get to my computer to check how's everything going.

Reply #28
quick question .. i've started using this for mIRC ... and i've read your help file you have included with this, but i don't seem to see if there is a way to implement a /rand command to randomize songs from mirc... is this possible??

Reply #29
quick question .. i've started using this for mIRC ... and i've read your help file you have included with this, but i don't seem to see if there is a way to implement a /rand command to randomize songs from mirc... is this possible??

No, it is not possible yet.

Reply #30
ok, is it going to be possible any time soon, or in the near future?

Reply #31
ok, is it going to be possible any time soon, or in the near future?

Could you please explain why do you need this feature? You can just use shuffle.

Reply #32
i can do /shuffle ??  i just want to be able to change the song in mirc, without having to open foobar ... like /rand or /shuffle or anything to keep me from opening foobar

Reply #33
Code: [Select]
/dde mPlug control >

If shuffle is enabled in the foobar, will play next entry randomly (the same as Random in foobar tray menu).

Reply #34
AMIP 2.40 compatible with post 23 foobar betas uploaded:

----------------------------
+ Get/set repeat/shuffle API (see help)
* fb2k 0.7: compatibility with 0.7 post 23 betas (tested with beta 26)
* Some other changes... I can't remember =(

http://www.rzone.ru/amip/2.40/

Reply #35
AMIP 2.41 uploaded, changes since previous official release:

* wa3: Info from files was not read (broken somewhere in 2.37)
* fb2k 0.7: recompiled for beta 27 SDK
+ Get/set repeat/shuffle API (see help)
* fb2k 0.7: compatibility with 0.7 post 23 betas (tested with beta 26)
* Some other changes... I can't remember =(
+ APEv1 and APEv2 tags support (%1-%7)
+ Monkey Audio format information support (%br, %sr, %typ, %min, %sec, %sl, %ENC)
* Help updates, added new APE related variables and flags
* fb2k beta 0.7 integration: shuffle/repeat toggle support from AMIP
* Reworked clipboard integration code, fixed problem with unregistering hotkeys introduced in 2.37
* Typo in Quick Start fixed, added information about F keys and F12 key issue explanation

Now version for Foobar 0.7 beta is available from the official site:

http://amip.tools-for.net/index.php?content=download

Reply #36
hrm, this is not working in beta29 ...

Reply #37
Yes, I am aware of this. Beta 29 will be supported in a couple of days.

Reply #38
ok, great thanks

Reply #40
thanks!

Reply #41
CrazyCoder all links to your site are being redirected to Irbis Firewall

Reply #42

It was caused by a site transfer to the new hosting, now all should work OK.

Reply #43

It was caused by a site transfer to the new hosting, now all should work OK.

Shit, they've just broken it again! I hate this hosting!!!

Reply #44
What about the Bersirc thingy?

Reply #45
What about the Bersirc thingy?

Sorry, had no time to look at it, I was working on another features =(.

Reply #46
Hi, I have been using version 0.5x of foobar for ages with the mIRC plugin for ages.  And it has been trouble free. 

The changes made in 0.7 finally persuaded me to upgrade. Now since there is no mIRC plugin for 0.7 I decided to try out AMIP.

However it causes my Foobar to crash. Its definitely AMIP because when i disable it foobar becomes stable again.

I don't need any advanced features in AMIP to be honest, so could somebody tell me if there is gonna be an mIRC plugin for 0.7 or if there is anything I should know about AMIP to make it more stable.

Reply #47
AMIP 2.43 released.

Changes:

+ Display playing song info in active window caption
* %name tweaks to work with ogg and ape with incomplete tag info
+ Hack to get volume from Winamp 2.x
* Changed text for ID3v1 tags (typo in Psychedelic fixed)
* fb2k: playback status when paused was not correctly reported
+ FLAC format and tags support

http://amip.tools-for.net

This release is fully compatible with Foobar 0.7 RC versions.

Reply #48
Hi, I have been using version 0.5x of foobar for ages with the mIRC plugin for ages.  And it has been trouble free. 

The changes made in 0.7 finally persuaded me to upgrade. Now since there is no mIRC plugin for 0.7 I decided to try out AMIP.

However it causes my Foobar to crash. Its definitely AMIP because when i disable it foobar becomes stable again.

I don't need any advanced features in AMIP to be honest, so could somebody tell me if there is gonna be an mIRC plugin for 0.7 or if there is anything I should know about AMIP to make it more stable.

Most likely the problem is related to the following:
http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb...s/q136/2/18.asp

AMIP supports 2 ways of communication with mIRC, DDE doesn't work on your machine because of some app which doesn't have message loop.

You can switch AMIP to FileMappig method by creating the new plugin.ini in the components directory with the following contents:

[Advanced mIRC Integration Plug-In]
CFG_MAPPING=1

Then run Foobar and all should work fine. Should you have any other questions, please ask.

Reply #49
thanks for the response and help.