Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Headphone sub forum (Read 4620 times) previous topic - next topic

Headphone sub forum

Hi everybody,

I got banned from head-fi for talking science and double blind testing nonsense and the rhetoric got a bit heated.  I was wondering if a sub-forum for headphones was ever tried here?  I'd like to post a review about headphones without getting mauled.  I put a disclaimer on the first page, and even though the people read it, it was summarily ignored.  I had some supporters, but they didn't speak up and their opinions were drowned out by more "regular" members. 

My review of $250-$350 headphones.
My review of a $50 headphone amplifier that sounds like a $1,000 amp.  I'm the first poster, with the label "banned" in red.

It would be nice to review headphone gear and get feedback from like minded folks.  However, the forums here seem a bit too generalized for headphone enthusiasts to really get a sense of community. 

Wondering if this was in the cards or not. 

Thanks.

Headphone sub forum

Reply #1
I suppose you can always post in Audio Hardware or Listening Tests. If I Were King, I wouldn't cut up the site in so many categories in the first place— but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

Headphone sub forum

Reply #2
Audio Hardware
Discussion of Audio Hardware, Soundcards, Hi-Fi equipment, stand-alone CD players, portable MP3 players, headphones etc.

Headphone sub forum

Reply #3
Just in time.
I was looking for affordable amp for my HD650. I was horrified by those super audiophile  prices.
Glad to see some serious work based on science approach, not just placebo and marketing rape.
Let me see ...

Is it harder to drive than the Sennheiser HD-595? Yes.
Harder than a Beyerdynamic DT-990 (250Ω or 600Ω)?  No.
But the impedance blah blah blah!!!!??!!!!!  No.
But, but, but.... NO.

Headphone sub forum

Reply #4
$50 headphone amplifier that sounds like a $1,000 amp
Hooray! I always suspected that price/quality graph is bell-shaped