Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 330123 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Hi!

I would like to see a plugin that skips tracks that are marked via a tag as inactive. I don't like some tracks on albums and so I don't want to hear them (except if I click on them) but I want to keep them on my playlist because of the completeness.

Would be great if anybody could code something like this!

Reply #1
Sounds like a cool idea.
f to c to f to c

Reply #2
Very impressive and cool!
I like this idea.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #3
Another way:
Maybe there is a way only to play tracks with rating and skip all other tracks without rating-tag. Would be nice so!
Not a specially mark via a "tag for inactive" needs!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #4
I don't have and don't like ratings...

Reply #5
Great idea!

It would be especially cool, if one could not just set a "dontplay"-tag to a file, but could also tell the plugin to "play only files with a rating of at least [dropdown-menu] but not higher than [dropdown-menu]."

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #6
well i'm all for configurable plugin, that would sit on top of playback flow and simply skip tracks that evaluate given formatting string to 'true' ...

edit: and if you could save some presets and then select them from toolbar, that would be uber cool

Reply #7
*bump*
Anyone?

Reply #8
Isn't it possible with playlist_gen or Playlist tree?

Another suggestion would be to use Shuffle control (don't know if it is possible to increment the tracknumber in the playlist (just like the tracknumbers in Album shuffle mode) and to use something like +%Active% +$inc(%_Playlist_entry%)

Reply #9
Isn't it possible with playlist_gen or Playlist tree?

No because I want that the tracks to show up on the playlist.

Reply #10
Well, I quickly put something together which might at least be a start.

If the plugin is enabled, all files with a 'skip'-tag are skipped except it's 'false' or '0'. The only way to play skip-tagged files is either to disable the plugin with 'Skip/deactivate' or to stop playback first and then play it. I made it this way, because I don't know any way to find out, if the user has double-clicked on a track or pressed the 'next'-button.

Get it here, may need the msvcr71.dll

Reply #11
nice!

but could you please add adjustable formatting string to evaluate for that?

Reply #12
okay, done

The formatting string now must evaluate to 'true' or '1' to skip. Default is '$if2(%skip%,0)'

new version here

Reply #13
Cool, now we'll only have to wait for Peter to implemet the "store these tags in the database instead of writing them to the files" option :B

Reply #14
Works great. Thank you!!!

Reply #16
EDIT - never mind.

Reply #17
Cool, now we'll only have to wait for Peter to implemet the "store these tags in the database instead of writing them to the files" option :B
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=264234"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would it be possible to implement a "DB Only Mask" like the play count plugin? Any file masks listed there will have the playcount saved in the foobar database rather than in the tag of the file.

Reply #18
Amazing plugin. I would just suggest a few things :
The ability to have more than one format string, and choose the one that I want to use. For example some times I may want to skip the tracks marked "skip", and other times I want to play only rated tracks, etc...
It would be really nice if we could choose this quickly from the interface

keep up the good work 

Reply #19
Just another thing : make the plugin always play the track whan double-clicked

Reply #20
Cool, thanks :)

- Lyx

edit: eek, go away smiley!
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #21
Sorry to have another request 

When the plugin skips a track, it plays automatically the following, but it should (I think) play the following or a random one, according to the playing mode.

Anyway thanks for the plugin

Reply #22
Amazing plugin. I would just suggest a few things :
The ability to have more than one format string, and choose the one that I want to use. For example some times I may want to skip the tracks marked "skip", and other times I want to play only rated tracks, etc...
It would be really nice if we could choose this quickly from the interface

okay, is in
..not choosable from interface but you can always make a keyboard-shortcut, if you want to change it that quickly

When the plugin skips a track, it plays automatically the following, but it should (I think) play the following or a random one, according to the playing mode.

hmk, fixed .. but why aren't you using the shuffle plugin ?

Reply #23
Thanks for updating

Reply #24
Hi,

I'm not quite sure, if I absolutely understood the function of the menu entries.
If I manually add a SKIP tag to my files everything works perfectly. And 'Activate' and 'Deactivate' also seem to work as i expect, but I would have loved some sort of signal, if skip-mode is activated (perhaps a checkmark in front of 'Activate' or 'Deactivate'). At the moment I seem to have to remember or try.

Then I thought, 'toggle' would toggle the SKIP tag in files, but it also seems to activate or deactivate the skip mode. I'm missing a way to add the skip tags. Currently im using the Quick-Tag plugin for this, but I would have liked this feature in the Skip submenu and I can't get the Quick-Tag functions in the main menu.
Also I can't realize a "Toggle" function with quicktag.

Another thing: I've changed my playlist (based on plisk's column_ui playlist)  to sort of grey out the entries, which will be skipped. I could try to post my changes, if somebody is interested in this.

In foo_trackinfo I use the following to show the skipped info:
Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%skip%,1),,0080ff)$caps2(%artist%)$if($strcmp(%skip%,1), '['skipped']',)

Many thanks for this plugin,
Andreas