Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track Number in Columns UI's (Read 7420 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Number in Columns UI's

When I'm trying to user Columns UI's the tracks are not in onder.
So for an album i get

Instead of

and so on.

Am I missing something in the config, or is this an issue with my tags. All my music are in FLAC format

Thanks for any help

NH

Reply #1
Hmh, what kind of sort string are you using on your playlist and are all your files properly tagged ?

In case they are all properly tagged you can sort your playlist with this string
Code: [Select]
$if2(%album artist%,%artist%) - $if2(%venue%,%album%) - %__codec% - %disc% - $tracknumber() - $if2(%title%,%_filename_ext%)

You can also add this line in the core preferences under "Sort incoming files by".  Foobar should then sort all new files that you encue in the proper way.

Reply #2
Still not working. I have to question if its my tags, because if I ask to sort the playlist by track number it comes up correct

Thanks For the help

NH

Reply #3
If you sort by tracknumber and they sort fine then ur tags are fine. Are you sure you entered the above code into the correct place? It should be going in "Playlist > Sort > Sort By..."

Steve

Reply #4
Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!, that worked for a single artist. However when i add a compilation I'm back to square one. I know i starting to be demanding, but any more help would be great.

NH

Reply #5
The trick would probably be to add an "album artist" tag to your compilations. Simply enter the bame of the album artist, DJ, compilation, or whatever there.

Then the above string should also sort your various artist albums correctly.

Reply #7
Thank you very much. Both work for albums by the same artist, but as before not with compilations. I think I will have to revisit my tags for CDs with multiple artists.
Again, thanks for the help

NH

Reply #8
Finally! Had one hell of a time trying to get my track 100 at the bottom, finally saw this little bit from acedriver, "$directory(%_path%,2)%artist%$num(%date%,2)%album%$num(%tracknumber%,2)" and I modified the $num(%tracknumber%,2) from 2 to 3 and kachow! Everything magically lined up! Next thing you know I'll end up with a #1000 track, 100 doesn't even fit on a cd of average length songs but the discogs tagger will put them all on a single album instead of multiples.