Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC (Read 89174 times) previous topic - next topic

Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC

Reply #175
Christian just called me, Frank has his computer! More later.

Excellent.

Reply #176
I strongly believe he's Frank.

Besides, have you seen all the equipement in the other photos?
Now I know how musepack was tested 
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #177
Here the pics from Frank and his new PC.

The fat guy with the beard on 3 of the pics, thats me, you guessed it  .....

http://matroska.free.fr/team/Frank/

I have plans to make a dedicated website for this discribing the idea behind the donation and to make some comments on each of the fotos ..... lets see if i find the time to do that

I dont know if Frank has plans to post again here about his new, wonderful PC, he is not a man of many words i think, so you better dont wait for it  ....

Rest assured, his new baby made his eyes shine, like only a tech-freak's eyes can shine when looking at a PC  .... LOL !!

A big 'thank you' again to anybody who donated and helped us to make this possible. The biggest thanks of all, no doubt, goes to CiTay, who must have invested endless hours into this project and finally created an 'artwork' of a PC, and to Dibrom and JohnV who allowed us to use this wonderful board to get this project going.

Now lets hope the PC does what we all hope, i.e. help motivating Frank to continue working on MPC  ......

Reply #179
Nice pics. Hope Frank will enjoy the new baby.

Thanks CiTay for all the works you've done for the PC and donation process. It does really look like you've put a lot of hard work to make this happen. And Chris, thanks for bringing in the idea to payback something to Frank from the MPC fan club.
-- Floydian Slip

Reply #180
by the way, what's written on the nice urkunde?

It's in german:
In Anerkennung seiner Arbeit für den Audio-Codec "MPC / Musepack" freut sich die Hydrogenaudio.org Community, Herrn Frank Klemm, Jena, einen neuen, leistungsfähigen PC überreichen zu dürfen. Das Gerät ist als Geschenk gedacht und soll zeigen, wie sehr wir seine inspirierende und wegweisende Arbeit für die moderne Audiokompression wertschätzen. Wir hoffen zudem, dass der PC Motivation für ihn sein wird, seine Arbeit fortzusetzen.

Für die Hydrogenaudio.org Community (signiert).

Translated:
In recognition of his work for the audio codec "MPC / Musepack", the Hydrogenaudio.org community is glad to hand over a new, capable PC to Mr. Frank Klemm, Jena. The computer is meant to be a present and should show how much we appreciate his inspiring and seminal work for modern audio compression. We also hope that the PC will be motivation for him to continue his work.

For the Hydrogenaudio.org community, (signed by me and ChrisHJW).

I'm glad that this was such a success. I really did my best to build this PC. I'm grateful for everyone who donated and made this possible, and thanks for the trust you put in us, i don't take it for granted. I think we really achieved something.

Reply #181
Congratulations!
She is waiting in the air

Reply #182
The fat guy with the beard on 3 of the pics, thats me, you guessed it  .....

BTW, who was the mysterious picture-taker of those three photos? Mr. Timer and Ms. Tripod or a third human being?

Reply #183
BTW, who was the mysterious picture-taker of those three photos? Mr. Timer and Ms. Tripod or a third human being?

Mr. Timer and Ms. Sideboard to be honest  .....

Reply #184
You know what they say.. about a picture is worth a 1000 words..
Now that I see Frank, I can understand more about the whole concept, he seems to be a very low profile character, shy, who needs to be 'pushed' to be awaken..

One last comment.
Is the monitor refresh rate correct or way too low? or you simply need to adjust the picture frame & geometry.
Dimitris

Reply #185
I'm so glad that this kind of thing can happen 

Really, I've never heard a story like that on the net, and it's great that it happens here and for MPC (from 2 persons at the origin of Matroska).

edit: and of course thanks to Citay and Christian that could make this possible.

Reply #186
Just want to add my thanks and congrats to all involved.

Nice yellow walls by the way!  (I'm not taking the p***).....

Reply #188
Where is CiTay's pic? I want to see CiTay!!!

Me too
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #189
Sorry, no pic of me this time... i'm staying incognito like 

Reply #190
The biggest thanks of all, no doubt, goes to CiTay, who must have invested endless hours into this project and finally created an 'artwork' of a PC

Yes, two thumbs up for CiTay. You did a great job.