Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Suugestion about handling heavily corrupted files (Read 1544 times) previous topic - next topic

Suugestion about handling heavily corrupted files

Currently if we are adding to playlist whole folder (by context menu or with drag-n-drop) and this folder contains some heavily corrupted files (e.g. files with corrupted header), such files will not be added to playlist and we only can see message in console like this
Code: [Select]
could not enumerate tracks (Unsupported format or corrupted file) on:
C:\folder\filename.flac
So, when we are adding many folders at the same time and not looking in console, it is easy to miss such files, and so miss the fact that there are corrupted files.
I think it would be better to still add files to playlist or make report about such files in popup window. Or, maybe even better - add files to playlist AND make report in popup window.
Example of such file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9t9dkkjkxy5787/Corrupted%20Header.flac?dl=1

Re: Suugestion about handling heavily corrupted files

Reply #1
Idea noted, thanks.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
I apologize if I didn't correctly understand the problem, but maybe similar variant of marking corrupted files (or links) suggested in this thread:
Reply #23
Please note. Thanks.

Reply #3
Behavior changed in 1.4.1. Thanks!