Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: problem with multiple values for one tag in album list panel (Read 5342 times) previous topic - next topic

problem with multiple values for one tag in album list panel

Hi,

I use a tag called mood to categorize songs. I often assign multiple moods to one song using the tagging script function 'add value'. If I choose 'View by mood' in my album list panel, songs with multiple values are shown in each category thanks to the %<mood>% function, exactly as I want it to be.

However, if I manually change the 'mood' values in the poperties, the values are no longer recognized as seperate. Consequently, in the album list they are sorted into a category named after all of their assigned values rather than into each of the basic categories.

Is this behaviour intended? What can I do to make fb save the moods as seperate values?

Thanks for your support!

frncle

EDIT: I use a semicolon and a space as seperators, exactly as in those entries generated by the script.

Reply #1
Splitting multiple values by semicolons only works for fields specified at Preferences, Advanced, Multivalue fields.

In other words, you have to add "MOOD" to that list:
ARTIST;ALBUM ARTIST;PRODUCER;COMPOSER;PERFORMER;GENRE;MOOD

Reply #2
Splitting multiple values by semicolons only works for fields specified at Preferences, Advanced, Multivalue fields.

In other words, you have to add "MOOD" to that list:
ARTIST;ALBUM ARTIST;PRODUCER;COMPOSER;PERFORMER;GENRE;MOOD

Thank you, Frank! You hit the mark!

Liebe Grüße aus Münster,
frncle

Reply #3
I have something similar. I want to assign multiple genres to an album - "compilation" and "soundtrack", but in the genre view it shows up as a separate entry of "Compilation, Soundtrack" rather than under both genres.
I've gone into the advanced prefs and added genre. Am separating by a ssemicolon and space.

Anything i'm doing wrong or is it not possible?

Reply #4
I have something similar. I want to assign multiple genres to an album - "compilation" and "soundtrack", but in the genre view it shows up as a separate entry of "Compilation, Soundtrack" rather than under both genres.
I've gone into the advanced prefs and added genre. Am separating by a ssemicolon and space.

Anything i'm doing wrong or is it not possible?

In the properties dialog, right click the value and select "Split values"
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. I went into the split values menu in properties and it comes up with a list of separators. Semicolon is already in there. Do I put the compilation and soundtrack entries into that window, or is that just to define what the separators are?

Just to clarify, I want it to show up in both the "Compilation" and also the "Soundtrack" genres in the Album List Panel in ColumnsUI, rather than under the newly made genre "Compilations, Soundtracks"

Reply #6
In the Split Values window you only define the separators. If you have a track with the artist "artist A & artist B" and you define "&" as a separator it will split the artists to "artist A;artist B".

Reply #7
I'm guessing it is doing something since, on the properties dialog it looks like: "Compilation; Soundtrack", but it displays as "Compilation, Soundtrack" on columns playlist and everywhere else. I've deleted everything else in the split values window for genre, except for ";"

But nothing seems to avoid treating it as a new genre rather than the individual ones i.e. if i look under the "Compilations" genre in Album List Panel or even in the filter panels of columnsUI the particular album i'm tagging won't show up.

Reply #8
Displaying it as "Compilation, Soundtrack" in the Playlist Columns is fine, Album List however should split the values and display the album in both, Compilation and Soundtrack separately. Are you sure %genre% is set as a multivalue field? (see here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....t&p=484615)
Also try to manually type "Compilation;Soundtrack" without quotes in the genre field.
I'm not familiar with panels but in facets, in order to split multivalue fields you have to put it in brackets like this: %<genre>%.

Reply #9
It worked!! I needed to change it to %<genre>% in album list panel.
It doesn't seem to work in the filters in columnsUI, but this is most of what I wanted. Thanks for all your help!

(If anybody knows a way to get it working in the filters as well, it would be much appreciated)

Reply #10
(If anybody knows a way to get it working in the filters as well, it would be much appreciated)

I think using "genre" (not %genre%) does the trick.

Reply #11
Awesome, that works for genre. Sadly it doesn't work when you try to apply any scripting for the artist field. E.g. $swapprefix(artist,The)

Reply #12
I hope I understand you exactly.

That's my code for eg. Genre:
Code: [Select]
$if2(%<genre>%,n/a)|$if($strchr(ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz,
$put(F,$upper($ascii($left($swapprefix(%album artist%,The),1))))),
$get(F):,
$if($strchr(0123456789,$get(F)),#0-9:,#Andere:))|
$swapprefix(%album artist%,The)|
[[%date% • ][%album%][ • %totaldiscs%cd]|]
[cd%discnumber%|]
[%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

It looks like
Code: [Select]
Alternative
            #0-9:
                1:
                    1000 Robota
            #Andere:
                _:
                    _xyz
            C:
                Cure, The

Reply #13
Sorry, that's not what I meant. Multi-values for genre are working fine.
I"m just having trouble when I want to do $swapprefix(%<album artist>%, The)