Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_gapless (Read 20158 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_gapless

Reply #25
Thanks, Acropolis, I think you have it this time. I've been playing music for hours, and the plugin seems to work as I expect.

Agreed. My "problem album" is now being played as expected.

2 questions:

a) "why is there a 'seemless' toggle, what is the difference, technically? I realized if I don't set it, the result is a short crackle at some points. Does it overlay unique or almost unique samples?

b) Is the buffer length now the precise maximum gap length, which would be deleted?

Thanks for this plugin, there were a lot of demandings for this in the past! Those were difficult discussions, but I better don't want to criticize anyone here.

Edit: Rather a crossfader problem:

I've got your crossfader in the dsp chain, after uie_gapless. In disabled mode. If the crossfader is in the chain, the transition between some tracks is not very fluently.. Without the crossfader, it's perfect. You can use the samples I uploaded, they produce a perfect crackle if the crossfader is in the chain.

foo_dsp_gapless

Reply #26
2 questions though.
- I normally use foo_dsp_crossfader with a buffer length of 10000. Should I put foo_dsp_gapples also at 10000 
  or more?
- What does the seamless option do?

seamless actually makes the transition to the next song more fluently, e.g. big volume difference between end of song A and start of song B.
try the 2 files (1.flac and 2.flac) provided by Squeller. it is basically the same as the smooth option in version 0.8.3.

since there's a technical limitation in the foobar architecture, you have 2 options of putting gapless and crossfader in the dsp chain:
if: gapless -> crossfader, then seamless option will not work.
if: crossfader -> gapless, then crossfader will not work when track change (manual track change will work though)
what I can see is you can only put gapless before crossfader to make them useful, or just use one of them only.
btw, 10000ms for crossfader seems too much, that is the fading length!

you can set the buffer length to anything upon your need, it is the max gap length to remove in fact.

2 questions:

a) "why is there a 'seemless' toggle, what is the difference, technically? I realized if I don't set it, the result is a short crackle at some points. Does it overlay unique or almost unique samples?

b) Is the buffer length now the precise maximum gap length, which would be deleted?

Thanks for this plugin, there were a lot of demandings for this in the past! Those were difficult discussions, but I better don't want to criticize anyone here.

Edit: Rather a crossfader problem:

I've got your crossfader in the dsp chain, after uie_gapless. In disabled mode. If the crossfader is in the chain, the transition between some tracks is not very fluently.. Without the crossfader, it's perfect. You can use the samples I uploaded, they produce a perfect crackle if the crossfader is in the chain.

question a: answered above, the crackle sound you hear in your uploaded 1.flac and 2.flac is an example of the usage.
question b: yes
Rather a crossfader problem: also answered above, it is the limitation of the foobar dsp architecture, I know it, and tried to fix, but just can't find a way.

ps. I'm thinking if to combin all my dsp into a single dll and probably make crossfader and gapless in to one dsp, because if so the above problem can be solved.

foo_dsp_gapless

Reply #27
ps. I'm thinking if to combin all my dsp into a single dll and probably make crossfader and gapless in to one dsp, because if so the above problem can be solved.
Thank you so much indeed! If you do, please provide the "external interface", I mean e.g. the crossfader main menu...

foo_dsp_gapless

Reply #28
it is there already, Playback -> Crossfader

foo_dsp_gapless

Reply #29
Thank you for your thourough answer!
Although 10000 at the crossfading lenght seems to be perfect here.. I wil put it a bit down though

This sounds like a great solution for the above problems.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021