Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Audioscrobbler Plugin (Read 14030 times) previous topic - next topic

New Audioscrobbler Plugin

Reply #1
So does this improve the reliability of foobar submitting stuff to Last.fm, or is it just some ugly proprietary client that does a bunch of stuff i don't need?
~

Reply #2
So does this improve the reliability of foobar submitting stuff to Last.fm, or is it just some ugly proprietary client that does a bunch of stuff i don't need?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=379033"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Both

Only one issue pisses me off - short tracks are skipped. 

Reply #4
Edit: sorry Mods, hadnt noticed the other thread. Thanks for merging.

Reply #5
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well songs are cached now, but the rest is pretty useless.
[a href="http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler%2BBeta/forum/30705/_/95936]http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler%2B...m/30705/_/95936[/url]

Reply #6
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well songs are cached now, but the rest is pretty useless.
[a href="http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler%2BBeta/forum/30705/_/95936]http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler%2B...m/30705/_/95936[/url]

As useless as album art panel and album art in prettypop )

Reply #7
I do like how you can disable submissions on the fly...I think it can be pretty useful, but that's just me.

Reply #8
I do like how you can disable submissions on the fly...I think it can be pretty useful, but that's just me.

I think the best place to post request is last.fm forum

Reply #9
I dont like it.  It also means having another program start up with foobar (and it hogs more resources than Foobar does)  I'm sticking with the original plugin for now
Bostitch vs. Swingline; Choose your stapler wisely.

Reply #10
Actually, i downloaded it and it isn't too horrible. I don't like the fact that i have to have yet another stupid program to hide in my tray, but it totally fixes the ridiculous problems i have always had with the normal Audioscrobbler component for foobar (crashing on shut-down, 'variables not set' errors, 'bad authorisation' errors...).

It's been going fine all day, except for one time when it randomly crashed. But i think that was because there was an update (which... hopefully fixed the crash...).
~

Reply #11
It also hangs my foobar upon exit ~50% of the time.  Same bullshit as before.

Reply #12
Actually, i downloaded it and it isn't too horrible. I don't like the fact that i have to have yet another stupid program to hide in my tray, but it totally fixes the ridiculous problems i have always had with the normal Audioscrobbler component for foobar (crashing on shut-down, 'variables not set' errors, 'bad authorisation' errors...).

It's been going fine all day, except for one time when it randomly crashed. But i think that was because there was an update (which... hopefully fixed the crash...).

have you downloaded the new version today?

Reply #13
I downloaded the update that just showed up in the client a few hours ago, yeah.

Funkstar De Luxe, that's lame. But they said on Last.fm that the new client is going to be seeing more developer attention, so... it probably can't get worse. (Also if you get crashes on exit you're supposed to stop play-back for a few seconds before you close the program.)
~

Reply #14
But they said on Last.fm that the new client is going to be seeing more developer attention

yeah, and audioscrbbler is opensource, so you can download source code from cvs to make sure it has no spyware ))

(Also if you get crashes on exit you're supposed to stop play-back for a few seconds before you close the program.)

this never helped me with the old 0.9 and 0.8.3 versions.
but with new audioscrobbler i don't have this problem.

Reply #15
The new plugin is .... when running my TV-ap. K!TV has a framerate drop of over 60%! TV is stucking very bad. Return to old plugin.

Reply #16
by the way, do you all post you bugreports on last.fm forum?

Reply #17
Yeah, it may speed up Foobar a little, but I dont need a program starting up with Foobar just for that sole purpose.  My 0.8.3 starts up pretty fast with the old audioscrobbler plugin

I've already made my opinion known on the Last.fm forum.
Bostitch vs. Swingline; Choose your stapler wisely.

Reply #18
One more update - seeking don't disable submissions.