Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: _time_elapsed_seconds origin? (Read 2853 times) previous topic - next topic

_time_elapsed_seconds origin?

Hello everyone -
I've been lurking in these forums ever since I heard about foobar, and I've learned so much about it, it's insane - definitely the best music player out there.

That being said, I have a small question. One of the ColumnsUI formatting strings I uses has a small music icon in one of the columns, as such:

Code: [Select]
$if(%_isplaying%,
$if($strcmp($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,2),0),'♪','♫'),
$if($strcmp(%tracknumber%,'01'),' ',))

I can't tell exactly, but it seems like that code should alter the icon between the one note and the two note every second. Trouble is, it doesn't do that. It seems that a number of functions that rely on the variable %_time_elapsed_seconds% and its brothers just don't work. I have foo_text, is there another plug-in I need that will allow these to work, or is it just a setting that I don't have configured correctly?

Edit: Additionally, that code works in the statusbar. It just doesn't work in the playlist itself. That might help a bit, apparently it's not the %_time_elapsed_seconds% that's broken.

Reply #1
It's meant to be that way. (edit: I mean, %_time_elapsed_seconds% does not work in the playlist.)

Have a look at titleformat_help.html in your foobar2000 installation directory.

Reply #2
Not sure if this will make a difference, but look in "Preferences->Display" for the checkbox "Show dynamic info in playlist".  See if that helps.

Reply #4
Heh. It works.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294703"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Absolutely awesome. Thank you both!