Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Plugin (Read 6706 times) previous topic - next topic

New Plugin

Hi

I have just finished my first plugin. Probably there exists already something like this.
It is a minimal view for the player. You can acces the main functions from this minimal view.And  you can customize it by replacing the delivered Bitmaps.

My question are now, where can I put it for downloading? Are some interested in such a plugin?

greets
nitro

New Plugin

Reply #2
it sounds like foo_looks [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](which already has 8 months worth of development)[/span]

does it replace the main UI, or just add a child window that can be position on-screen while fb2k is minimized?

New Plugin

Reply #4
it sounds like foo_looks (which already has 8 months worth of development)

does it replace the main UI, or just add a child window that can be position on-screen while fb2k is minimized?

It's just a child window and the main ui is minimized. It's a really simple one. At the moment I have also a problem that I do not destroy all gdi objects when the minimized view is closed. And the movment of my child window is not correct done but it works for now.

I try now to upload my plugin at the 3rd party component site.
Please have a look at it and send me your comments.

-nitro

New Plugin

Reply #6
Your plugin reminds really much foo_looks (which, I'm sorry to say, is way much better plugin).
But still, it's a good start.

New Plugin

Reply #7
It reminds me foo_minibar as well.
BTW, I find it a bit hard to move the icons.

New Plugin

Reply #8
Yeah, more like foo_minibar. I don't use foo_looks anymore because it's not minimalist anymore, I kinda miss foo_minibar 

About the new plug-in, it's not bad, but it acts all weird when you try to move it around, and it could use a seekbar IMO (but if you want to keep it minimal maybe you don't want to add one)

New Plugin

Reply #9
I know about the problem with dragging the window. I try to solve this, for now just move the window slowly then it should work.

I think I will add probably a seekbar, I also want to add volume control, and eventually some Information about the current song.

I would like to have some nicer Icons. If anybody created some please let me know.

Your plugin reminds really much foo_looks (which, I'm sorry to say, is way much better plugin).
But still, it's a good start.

foo_looks is a great plugin. Really nice work, but  it is not exactly what I wanted (too much).

Yeah, more like foo_minibar. I don't use foo_looks anymore because it's not minimalist anymore, I kinda miss foo_minibar

I tried foo_minibar with foobar2k v0.8 and it worked ....

New Plugin

Reply #10
oh ? didn't even try lol, thanx ^^

New Plugin

Reply #11
remember that foo_looks can be as simple or advanced as you make it.

they power lies in the skin designers, not the plugin itself

there's no reason why us skin designers can't make minimalist skins - it's just that we are making big & beutiful skins to test the capabilities of danZ hard work

give me an example of an ideal minibar-style skin GUI, and i'll code one for foo_looks

New Plugin

Reply #12
Well  I actually made a pretty minimal look for foo_WSGUI, and recently I thought I'd update it to foolooks 2.0, so I reinstalled it, and realized I didn't need a UI that requires GDI+ (I run on win2k), has a built in vis, and some scripting language, requireing another dll.

I'm not criticizing the plug-in, it's one of the best components for foobar, and thanks to it winamp users can't tell you  "foobar sux, look at my fancy winamp3 skin".. Well if they do I just load foo_looks and your Graviton skin (nice job btw) 
But I just don't need all that ^^;

New Plugin

Reply #13
Latest on foo_minibar in this thread.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

New Plugin

Reply #14
HI Mr Nitro

Only been using foober for a few days and really like it, and really liked your minimal view plug in - although others seem to like the looks thing more - I prefer the clean lines of yours. It's all been a bit quiet with it for a while but I have an Improvement suggestion - It would be good if you could get to the minimal view via a context command from the system tray icon and /or the task window. This would allow you to open it when you are in another window and have forgotten to start it. Any chance of giving it a little love and attention.

Thanks