Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 does not immediately increase the volume (delayed by ≈0.33 seconds) (Read 1273 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 does not immediately increase the volume (delayed by ≈0.33 seconds)

Hello. Windows 10 x64, foobar2000 last. Sound card - creative audigy value se. With windows xp it was instantly/immediately.
P.s. ...After half a second or more.

Re: Foobar2000 does not immediately increase the volume (delayed by ≈0.33 seconds)

Reply #1
Addition. When you press the hotkey for a long time, at the very beginning, the volume does not change instantly.

Re: Foobar2000 does not immediately increase the volume (delayed by ≈0.33 seconds)

Reply #2
Do you change the volume as usual?

Reply #3
Do you have smooth seeking enabled in the preferences?

Preferences > Playback > Output | Fading
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #4
Disabled. It is necessary that the volume at the beginning changes a little faster.

Reply #5
what output method are you using, can you try exclusive mode to see if there is any difference
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #6
Checked. Wasapi output support 3.4. Event and push. Kernel streaming support 1.2.2. I don't see the word exclusive in foobar.

Reply #8
I have v 1.6.6 stable. After pressing the hot key, without releasing it, the volume changes by decibel, but then there is a short pause in changing the volume by ~ 3-4 deciseconds. How to disable/turn_off this pause?

Reply #9
You stop using outputs which require software volume control.

Reply #10
Change by decibel*. Do not understand this question? ...by ~ 3-3,6 deciseconds...

Reply #11
I understand. There's latency. Software volume control always has latency. Unless the OS is doing it. Then it becomes less noticeable.

Reply #12
This is always noticeable. And can't get used to it. That is, foobar will always with this pause because it's a program? Do you think the operating system is to blame?
All I suffer with the translator...