Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audacity will spy you (Read 2889 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Audacity will spy you

Reply #50
Which is exactly why some people prefer Open Source - to see (and, potentially, modify) what is sent where. It amuses me that, while HA runs on a free forum software, true freedom is seen as dead and buried by its team.

As long as I have the choice between having my data sent to Google and not having my data sent to Google, I'll choose the latter.

Okay, while you are at it:

* Detach from the modern world
* Go entirely off grid
* Live off the land
* Do away with society entirely.

Than you can be 100% Free. Then you will not have to worry about CPU microcode being copyrighted. Or anyone spying at all. Could be fun!

There may be a half way point here mate. Also, this is clearly an informed user telling us that the program he uses is no longer suitable for his requirements. I don't see why we can't respect that.

And I think its pretty hyperbolic of him to say that if I don't mind telemetry, I should avoid FOSS.

Which is a BS statement. There are many other reasons to release code under FOSS than just to satiate people's concerns about privacy. I know I have my own reasons for opening my source code to things I do, none of which are related to privacy or even FOSS evangelism.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021