Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What are the best foobar sound plugins? (Read 20107 times) previous topic - next topic

What are the best foobar sound plugins?

The ones that actually improve sound?

Reply #2
It can't huh?

They may be faked effects, but they certainly sound better.

If I could get my hands on something like enhancer...

This isn't a request post though.  This is a discussion.  What IYO is the best audio DSP plugins for foobar?

I belive that, well, tube sound?  And maybe resampler is good?  I used to have tons of crap until i got really good speakers...

Now delta and most everything sucks...

Oh well, I should word my posts better.

Ok, check that, resampler sucks.  Delta sucks.  Having audiophile speakers... sucks?

Ok, point taken.  Once you get good speakers, you don't need to add anything.

BTW, editing something in these forums is rather odd...

Reply #3
It can't huh?

They may be faked effects, but they certainly sound better.
You may like the sound better with those effects applied, but that is just personal preference and a subjective judgement. HA revolves around audio codec design and has adopted the most truthful reproduction of the original audio as an objective measurement for sound quality.

Reply #4
izotope ozone is THE sound plugin / too bad it isn't working on fb2k (yet)

Reply #5

Instead of spamming multiple threads you could simply ask the author of izotope to port the plugin to foobar2000. Since it is not open source afaik he's the only one to fulfill your wish (but he doesn't seem to be interested too much so if you depend on that specific plugin simply use winamp or whichever player supports it).

Reply #6
It's one out of millions vst effect plugins, and it's a pretty bloated one. I guess you're spamming us about izotope plugins as they produce winamp ports of their vst fx plugins? You want a vst adapter for fb2k. Buy a developer

EDIt: About the "bloated", I'm confusing Ozone with izotope Trash.

Reply #7
Instead of spamming multiple threads you could simply ask the author of izotope to port the plugin to foobar2000. Since it is not open source afaik he's the only one to fulfill your wish (but he doesn't seem to be interested too much so if you depend on that specific plugin simply use winamp or whichever player supports it).

^ that IS offtopic

To answer this: telling about ozone is no spam, the ozone issue is kinda popular on this forum. ozone is a directx plugin so i guess this is as open as it can be. Yes, i want to use the best player with the best plugin and i don't see anything wrong in this. No spam atached, just ontopic. Cheers!

Reply #8
Well, the topic's title is "What are the best foobar sound plugins?". As you already realized in two other threads you posted in, this component isn't available for foobar2000. So besides the "what's best" bs you were talking about a plugin that isn't even usable in foobar2000.

Reply #10
@Zellio, nothing can improve sound but
this are for me ( subjective) usefull dsp:

- equalizer, to compense room acoustic and speakers ( useless with perfect room and speaker...)
- vlevel, at  low listening level it is necessary ( for me)  reduce dynamic.
- crossfeed for headphones.
- convolver with tube impulse,  usefull with my m-audio studiophile lx4 system ( to warm sound because sometimes deliver more sonic detail than the non-musician listeners i am may want)
resampling can be usefull with somes sound card with internal bad resampling ; useless with good sound card.

about izotope ozone , why use a 250 $ mastering dps for listening music...???
zooliat,  have you spend 250$ for ozone?
Music is my first love.

Reply #11
@Melomane: Can you recommend me where to find a good tube impulse?

Reply #13
Melomane - I've never quite "got" convolvers. I sorta half know how they work, but what is the idea of using them, ie how do they positively impact on sound?

Just a summary, nothing too drawn out.
hi

Reply #14
A convolver uses an impulse response recorded from another filter to replicate the effect of this other filter. Its - positive or negative - impact on sound is just like that of the filter that is mimicked.

Reply #15
my english is too poor to explain how convolver work
find information at wikipedia or convolver

about positive impact on the sound:
with my m-audio system ,
in my room,
with my ears,
add 2nd harmonic DISTORTION make sound warm and less aggressive.
Music is my first love.

Reply #16
Cheers
hi

Reply #17
about izotope ozone , why use a 250 $ mastering dps for listening music...???
zooliat,  have you spend 250$ for ozone?

Ozone is not quite a mastering plugin, although is derived from that. Is a $30 listening plugin who does a great job on sound. Try the demo, you'll be amazed

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/media/overview/

Cheers

Reply #18
i have try , it is usefull for winamp ( crappy eq, no compressor ...) but for foobar is uselees because all can do with foobar . try v-level for compression, convolver for tube sound , bs2b for headphones.
bye bye
Music is my first love.

Reply #19
zooliat, is that all you ever talk about?

Reply #20
zooliat, is that all you ever talk about?

Yes, I find more important how it sounds rather than how it looks, or how can i rip a cd, etc. My setup is RME card, Marantz amplifier, B&W speakers, and fb2k sound is the best i ever heard on a pc-player. So that's why i want this combination. Now i use winamp with shibatch mpg123 input, asio output & ozone. But my heart still wants foobar. 

Also, I'm in no way affiliated with the ozone producers, i just like this enhancer. And i just was banned for that . Now that i see how sensitive this subject is, this will be my last post on... it.