Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: volume boost (Read 2111 times) previous topic - next topic

volume boost

whenever i open another program, specifically guitar rig, the music in foobar plays louder.

it returns back to normal when i manually change the song or stop playback.

guitar rig uses asio plugins. foobar's output device is my soundcard.

i use .9b13

why do i get a volume boost?
and how can i keep this boost while using foobar without opening the other program if possible?

volume boost

Reply #1
I just had the same thing happen to me. I was listening to foobar .9b13, when i opened a .mpg file. when the .mpg began to play, foobar about tripled in volume. btw, the .mpg file opened in powerdvd 6.

volume boost

Reply #2
Because Power DVD raises the global Windows volume and thus in any program that's running. I myself have a problem of volume becoming unstable: it unexpectedly goes up or down, and I don't run any additional sound playing programs. I use a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Pro. Any ideas?

volume boost

Reply #3
AFAIK, in PowerDVD, there is an option to not remember the last used volume setting. Or was it WinDVD? Well, look around for such an option.
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.