Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New, powerful matroska sample files with RV9 and (Read 8584 times) previous topic - next topic

New, powerful matroska sample files with RV9 and

Hi,

we created two new matroska sample files, they can be seen as a kind of techshow for the container, and will contain 11 different subtitle tracks in many different languages, 1 HE-AAC audio track, chapters, track names, and the RV9 sample even has some attachements coming with it ( cover arts, front and backside cover ) :

Bittorrent Link RV9 sample
Bittorrent Link MPEG4 sample

They are also on ed2k, but still with low availability unfortunately  :

ed2k://|file|Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-RV9-Karl640x432_HE_AAC_subtitled_chapters.mkv|21307025|542E0F6C8A2997D84B5464CA2DE81FFE|/
ed2k://|file|Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta2-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv|22251742|E548D30D19003A4EA1D7DA9E27FF92E3|/

Some more information can be found on the sample page. To play them, you need the latest matroska Full Pack from the matroska homepage, and for the RV9 sample also Realplayer should be installed ( or an 'alternative'  ) ....

Reply #1
The Finnish subtitle track has spElling mistakes and I was the one who translated the text to Finnish not ??????.

Reply #2
@ all :

sorry, our tracker was down for the last days, seeds are out now .. our apologies for the inconvenience ...

@ Latexxx :

No idea, bash CruNcher if he scrweed your original translation when making the SRTs  ...

Reply #3
The XviD one looks and sounds transcoded to me, what was the source?
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #4
The XviD one looks and sounds transcoded to me, what was the source?

The source was a 100 MB Quicktime file at a resolution of 1000 x 540 from the official Warner bros site ...... it should be good enough to not result in visible transcoding artifacts in any case. But, this stuff is a real killer for every codec  ....

Reply #5
You shouldn't have to transcode the audio though should you?  I mean, I believe the original is 192kbps AAC which should be good enough.  Anyway that is just IMHO.  3ivx in graphedit should be able to demux the audio so you don't have to do transcoding.  BTW you will notice that the original quicktime video had some nasty artifacts as well so it is no wonder XviD has problems, not to mention it reproduced some of the original artifacts.  Anyway, it is too bad since mostly all video encoding is transcoding.  I should love to get my hands on some high quality master tapes

Reply #6
Christian, your ed2k links are broken..  they start: http://ed2k//

It took me 3 attempts at adding them via my webinterface before I actually tried clicking on one and realised it tried loading a non existant website
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Reply #7
Cool, I'll give it a go. Is multiple audio streams of different types (codec, number of channels, samlperate, etc...) in the same file working yet? How about 5.1 HE-AAC?

edit: I'm getting choppy playback on this one (I have the latest full Matroska pack, and using Media Player Classic for playback). This is for the RV9 version. CPU usage is at about 30%. Same thing in the latest Core Media Player.

Is anyone else having trouble? This is on an Athlon XP2000+, 512 RAM, Radeon 9000, Win2k.

Reply #8
Cool, I'll give it a go. Is multiple audio streams of different types (codec, number of channels, samlperate, etc...) in the same file working yet? How about 5.1 HE-AAC?

I haven't tested different codecs (although I guess it's working), everything else (like different samplerate & channels) works like charm.

Reply #9
edit: I'm getting choppy playback on this one (I have the latest full Matroska pack, and using Media Player Classic for playback). This is for the RV9 version. CPU usage is at about 30%. Same thing in the latest Core Media Player.

Me too, with Media Player Classic and Gabest's filters.

Reply #10

Sure, fully supported, but best muxed from MP4 instaed of AAC, for automatic SBR recognition.

Is anyone else having trouble? This is on an Athlon XP2000+, 512 RAM, Radeon 9000, Win2k.

! Whats wrong ? I never had problems here ? What version of Realplayer do you have installed ?

Reply #11
Christian, your ed2k links are broken..  they start: http://ed2k//
It took me 3 attempts at adding them via my webinterface before I actually tried clicking on one and realised it tried loading a non existant website

Sorry, Invision board seems to add the http:// unasked if you put the [url= in front of the link  .....

Reply #12
I have RealOne v2, build 6.0.11.864 installed. It hasn't given me any other trouble, and all video plays fine on my system.

Reply #13
I have also choppy playback on RV9. Using RealOne V2 6.0.11.868.

But I don't think that's a Matroska problem. I've just made a rip, using XviD and the playback is as smooth as possible.
Liberate tutemae ex inferis

Reply #14
I have also choppy playback on RV9. Using RealOne V2 6.0.11.868.

ok guys, here is a possible solution :

Try to go to the MPC settings and activate VMR9 as video renderer. In TCMP, you do this by going to the 'DirectShow Summoner' Page and to add VMR9 there as filter that should load always ...... and please report if the problems go away with that.

Please note this is not really a matroska problem, but more RV9 playback related ....'

EDIT : VMR stands for 'Video Mixing Renderer' ....

Reply #15
Try to go to the MPC settings and activate VMR9 as video renderer. In TCMP, you do this by going to the 'DirectShow Summoner' Page and to add VMR9 there as filter that should load always ...... and please report if the problems go away with that.

I always use VMR9 Renderless (and now I've tried with the other renderers but it still is choppy).

After playing a bit with GraphEdit and mkvmerge it seems the problem is with CoreAAC (removing it from the filter graph or stripping the audio track seems to get rid of the problems), at least on my system, but I've no solution.

Reply #16
I think in regards to transcoding - this isn't the point of the demonstration - it is to show what a flexible container Matroska is.

And I'm damn impressed, I must say. RealVideo 9 is an amazing codec, as is the latest Xvid builds. 1CD video rips in my opinion (ymmv) are just plain great with rv9 + he-aac.

If only AutoGK supported encoding to Matroska with these options... *hint*

Very well done, a project with visible results.

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #17
It is still choppy. But don't worry Christian because I already know Matroska is great.  No more avis here.
Liberate tutemae ex inferis

Reply #18
It is still choppy. But don't worry Christian .....

Yes, i do worry  !

Even if the problem is with CoreAAC, as outlyer suggested, it will fall back on the container if people cant play the samples we release  ....

Can you play with Graphedit also, and delete the CoreAAC decoder from the playback graph, as outlyer did ? Can you test the sample on another PC ?

Reply #19
gabest once told me that rv9 can be choppy if the "overlay mixer" filter is not used (i guess thats mainly for weak cpus)

most good players (mpc, bsplayer, zoomplayer...) offer an option to use overlay mixer
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #20
gabest once told me that rv9 can be choppy if the "overlay mixer" filter is not used (i guess thats mainly for weak cpus)

VMR7 also uses overlay (can work in mixing mode too). Seems to work fine here. I suppose it's not because of weak CPUs.