Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mareo - ripping FLACs and MP3s (Read 3143 times) previous topic - next topic

Mareo - ripping FLACs and MP3s

I would like to set up Mareo with EAC to encode both LAME --alt preset standard, and also flac, quality 6, for archival purposes.

The flac files would need to be perfect, since I would later decode individual tracks, burn them to CD, and play them through a REALLY good stereo system.

The mp3 files should go into an Artist/Album Title/Track Desc format, and the flac files into in similar format.  In other words, they would land in directories with the format like:

c:\music\flacs\The Crystal Method - Tweekend

The Crystal Method - 01 - PHD.flac
                      The Crystal Method - 02 - Wild, Sweet and Cool.flac

and

c:\music\mp3\The Crystal Method - Tweekend

The Crystal Method - 01 - PHD.mp3
                      The Crystal Method - 02 - Wild, Sweet and Cool.mp3

I'm actually not clear if I should set up FLAC to encode a single flac file, or individual files, as above.

Has anyone set up Mareo to do this?  I have about 400 CDs that I want to transfer to hard disk.

Thanks,

vontech

Reply #1
Good choice of music!

I'm going to see TCM on Friday, here in Manchester 

Reply #2
I'm actually not clear if I should set up FLAC to encode a single flac file, or individual files, as above.

Has anyone set up Mareo to do this?  I have about 400 CDs that I want to transfer to hard disk.

mareo setup does not depends on the type of rip, cause, if there is one big file, or many split ones, mareo would run after the rip and call the encoders ...

Reply #3
I guess what I was sniffing around for was a sample Mareo ini file to do both the archival flac  and then the mp3.

I'm really new at this.   

Reply #4
on the mareo.ini included on the distribution, there are MP3 and FLAC examples. You can try:

mp3 NONE NONE "@ownpath@\lame.exe" --alt-preset standard -Z --ta "@artist@" --tl "@cdname@" --tt "@songname@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "EAC+LAME -alt-pre-standard-Z" "@source@" "@dest@"
flac NONE NONE "@ownpath@\flac.exe" -5 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@cdname@" -T title="@songname@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date="@year@" -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="EAC+FLAC"