Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Filter (Read 1349 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Filter

Hello all,

I have a column/filter displaying band's albums url.

I want to be able to open a browser and visit that specific address when i click on the url listed in that column/filter.

Thanks in advanced,

Re: Foobar Filter

Reply #1
Just opening a browser and linking to the address by left click selecting is not going to work in colums ui filter since that function is reserved for....well....filtering.
However, you can achieve this functionality wit right clicking.
First get foo_run. In foobar preferences under tools - run services add new service. Give it a recognizable name under label and under path place the name of the tag which contains your links. If your tag is www, set %www% under path.

Now go to your filter selection and right click your track, select run services, select your created label name.
I know it's a bit more involved but this is the closest I could think of working within columns ui filter.

Reply #2
First of all thank you very much for your kind reply.

I followed your instructions upto running foo_run.

Could you please tell me how to modify the green rectangled area so that when i right click on that album url it should bring the info specific to that album ?

Reply #3
Under path put %METAL ARCHIVES ALBUM URL% (note the percentage signs) if that is the link you want opened.

Note, if you want to have %METAL ARCHIVES BAND URL% to be opened you should create a new label in run services (for example WWW band) and select that label if you want your browser to open that link.

FYI: %% indicates a tag name.

Reply #4
Thank you very much sir  :D

You just made my day !

Reply #5
No problem, glad I could help.

Reply #6
I somehow managed to edit a "search script" for metal archives. The script just works fine when the artist / album title is a word with no spaces.

The search returns odd when an artist or album name is more than word with spaces in between the words.

Could you help me to modify it

Thanks for your time

Reply #7
I checked an album page on metal archives. It seems in the link spaces are replaced with underscores. If an artist has spaces change %artist% to $replace(%artist%,$char(32),_). You'll probably will need to do the same for %album% so change that too to $replace(%artist%,$char(32),_).
You're actually doing something similar that I use only I do it for rateyourmusic.com. This for example gets the artist page:

Code: [Select]
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/$lower($replace(%artist%,!,_,.,_,$char(32),_,&,and,é,e,à,a,è,e,á,a,$char(40),_,$char(41),_,-,_))

the $replace function replaces a certain character within a tag value with the next character described in the function.
Looking at this
$replace(%artist%,$char(32),_).
$char(32)  is the ascii code for the space character which gets replaced with _.
Note in my example I have way more characters to replace because weblinks don't use said characters (& becomes and, é becomes e,à becomes a,.....). Chances are you will need to do the same for metalarchives to get all exceptions right. You can adapt my rateyourmusic link and see if that catches all exceptions.

Reply #8
Thank you very much again ! Some trial and error and it works  :)

Metal Archives Band
https://www.metal-archives.com/search?searchString=$replace(%artist%,$char(32),_).&type=band_name

Metal Archives Album
https://www.metal-archives.com/search?searchString=$replace(%album%,$char(32),_).&type=album_title