Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 164349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #275
@bmorgan,

Replace the original date syntax with this modified one:
Code: [Select]
$if3($cut(%original release date%,4),%originaldate%,%date%,%fy_upload_date%,)

-TT

You're a legend.  I had to use %date%, but that saved hundreds of years and thousands of lives.

Thanks!

Reply #276
I used mp3tag years ago and not sure why I switched.  Will re-visit.

Reply #277
Why not just use foobar for tagging? I would recommend to use Mordred's foo_musikbrainz which is recommended when using this theme.
If you use it, you will have nice tags displayed in the Details panel. Or you can use foo_discogs which is also a great alternative.

You don't need to use mp3tag anymore, I've abandoned it many years ago...

-TT

Reply #278
Why not just use foobar for tagging? I would recommend to use Mordred's foo_musikbrainz which is recommended when using this theme.
If you use it, you will have nice tags displayed in the Details panel. Or you can use foo_discogs which is also a great alternative.

You don't need to use mp3tag anymore, I've abandoned it many years ago...

-TT
Standard tag names/fields for foo_musicbrainz are also the standards used in Georgia/Georgia-Reborn, so there should be zero issues out of the box (although you might have extraneous tags that could potentially need to be removed after tagging... but normally it wouldn't be an issue). Best thing about using any of the foo_ taggers is that foobar knows that a tag is changing and updates everything accordingly:

If I add a song by Metallica erroneously called "Enter Sandmen" on Jan 1st, play it 10 times, then on Jan 25th I use mp3tag to retag it correctly as "Enter Sandman", suddenly all my play counts are gone and foobar thinks the song was added on Jan 25th. That's obviously a silly example, but if your external tagger changes the date the album was released from "2015" to "2015-04-23" the exact same thing happens (although foo_playcount_enhanced only looks at the first four digits of the date so *it * would be fine at least). All of these issues are non-existent when using a foobar based metadata tagger.

Reply #279
 foo_musikbrainz is the way to go for tagging.  What about file renaming?

Reply #281
The File Operations option is missing for me

reinstalled, good to go

Reply #282
For me it's there, in the playlist just right click on a track or an album.
Tried on a clean portable install just to be sure:

Reply #283
You have to check Optional Features, File Operations when installing.  Must be on by default now, or I was overly skittish when first installing years ago.

Reply #284
Dear TT, just an idea for next upgrade: if possible, optimize screen for 1920x1080 resolution, cos' large player size doesn't fit exactly. What a superb theme !!! Many thanks

Reply #285
Dear TT, just an idea for next upgrade: if possible, optimize screen for 1920x1080 resolution, cos' large player size doesn't fit exactly. What a superb theme !!! Many thanks

Hi FoobyClass,

well it's impossible to optimize for all resolutions, player size 'Large' for HD res has a size of 1800 x 1060px and was optimized for 1920 x 1200.
In a 1920 x 1080 res, a bit of the player is hidden by the Windows taskbar and now with Windows 11 the taskbar is even larger in height.
This means, if I would optimize player size 'Large' in HD for the 1920 x 1080 res, I would need to substract 80 - 100px in height.
This is bad because player size 'Normal' in HD has a size of 1600 x 960px. If I would make these changes it would make no difference between player size 'Normal' and 'Large'.

Instead, for your resolution just use player size 'Normal' it would be nearly the same size as 'Large' when we talk about space.
I checked player size 'Large' with 1920 x 1200 res and player size 'Normal' with 1920 x 1080 res and the spacing is nearly the same...
You can also maximize the player by double clicking the top menu, it will fill the available space or you can use fullscreen.

Many laptop users that have only a small display resolution, can't use player size 'Large' or even 'Normal'...
Anyways ALL player sizes are optimized for all resolution of 1920 x 1200 and much higher ( QHD, 4K ).

-TT

Reply #286
Many thanks for your cler answer TT, really appreciated !!

Reply #287
Hi!

First, thanks for you project, I had been using the same foobar2000 interface for a long time before I found yours and I really appreciate it.

But... My foobar2000 is crashing. So, I decided to do a clean (portable) install only with foobar2000 (full installation) and Georgia ReBORN and it still crashing.

I saved the dump file, could you check what could be happening?

PS: I had downloaded the latest foobar and Georgia releases.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad English.

Reply #288
Hi @ExtremeGamerBR,

could you temporarily deactivate the foo_multisource component ( go to foobar2000/profile/user-components and rename the foo_multisource folder to something else e.g foo_multisource1 ),
restart foobar and check if the crash still happens?

-TT

Reply #289
Can confirm the crash that ExtremeGamerBR has: I've seen it happen multiple times while testing this theme and the debugger always pointed to the `foo_multisource` as the cause.

It's hard to judge though which component is actually responsible for the bug, foo_multisource or foo_uie_lyrics3, since it might be foo_uie_lyrics3 that passes invalid data to foo_multisource.

Reply #290
Hi @ExtremeGamerBR,

could you temporarily deactivate the foo_multisource component ( go to foobar2000/profile/user-components and rename the foo_multisource folder to something else e.g foo_multisource1 ),
restart foobar and check if the crash still happens?

-TT
Can confirm the crash that ExtremeGamerBR has: I've seen it happen multiple times while testing this theme and the debugger always pointed to the `foo_multisource` as the cause.

It's hard to judge though which component is actually responsible for the bug, foo_multisource or foo_uie_lyrics3, since it might be foo_uie_lyrics3 that passes invalid data to foo_multisource.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the quick response.

I also suspect it has to do with the lyrics. The first time this error happened I was looking for the lyrics of the song I was listening to in Georgia's interface.

I renamed the component as you suggested, but the situation got worse (these errors happen seconds after I put some music to play). See the images I attached.

If you need more information that I can help, I'm available. For now, I'm using my old foobar interface.

Reply #291
@ExtremeGamerBR,

this crash is unrelated to the lyric issue, this was already handled here with the fix:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/38#discussioncomment-1978065

I have completely rewritten and refactored most of the code and removed lots of crap,
thanks to @TheQwertiest for the push with his latest SMP 1.6.1 =)
So wait for the next update, performance will be also much faster and I have some additional goodies for you all.

I'll announce it here when it's done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, can you please forward your crash dump and log you've posted to veksha in this thread?
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=90338.2125

Can't do nothing about foo_multisource...
Azemoth also had problems with foo_multisource when fetching from Chinese web servers, that's why I removed them from the search.
I guess there is either problem with foo_multisource or Lyric Show 3 when reading some special characters, glyphs...

-TT

Reply #292
I guess there is either problem with foo_multisource or Lyric Show 3 when reading some special characters, glyphs...
Yea, it happened to me only when fetching lyrics for tracks with JP characters in it's name

Reply #293
@TheQwertiest, did you encounter such issues with foo_openlyrics?

I would like to switch to foo_openlyrics but it also has some issues and it seems fetching lyrics for radio/stream is not supported yet...

Reply #294
Dear tt, getting I'm this crash, thanks in advance:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.0 ({04620F16-1878-47A1-8EFE-0CE0B99566CC}: Georgia-ReBORN v2.0.3 by TT)
class constructors must be invoked with 'new'

File: Common.js
Line: 515, Column: 24
Stack trace:
  assert@Common.js:515:24
  generate_first_item_to_draw@Panel_Playlist.js:3145:3
  generate_items_to_draw@Panel_Playlist.js:3045:25
  on_content_to_draw_change@Control_List.js:429:22
  on_content_to_draw_change@Panel_Playlist.js:1987:44
  update_list_h_size@Control_List.js:507:14
  on_h_size@Control_List.js:392:14
  on_size@Control_List.js:160:18
  on_size@Panel_Playlist.js:758:26
  PlaylistPanel/this.on_size@Panel_Playlist.js:296:13
  btnActionHandler@Control_Button.js:399:15
  onClick@Control_Button.js:169:3
  buttonEventHandler@Control_Button.js:92:16
  on_mouse_lbtn_up@georgia-reborn-main.js:3858:3

Reply #295
@ExtremeGamerBR,

this crash is unrelated to the lyric issue, this was already handled here with the fix:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/38#discussioncomment-1978065

I have completely rewritten and refactored most of the code and removed lots of crap,
thanks to @TheQwertiest for the push with his latest SMP 1.6.1 =)
So wait for the next update, performance will be also much faster and I have some additional goodies for you all.

I'll announce it here when it's done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, can you please forward your crash dump and log you've posted to veksha in this thread?
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=90338.2125

Can't do nothing about foo_multisource...
Azemoth also had problems with foo_multisource when fetching from Chinese web servers, that's why I removed them from the search.

-TT

I'm glad there's an update soon!

I did a clean install of foobar with my old UI and even with Lyric Show 3 and  foo_multisource I'm not having any problems.

I'll keep it until this new update comes out.

Thank you so much for now!

Reply #296
I did a clean install of foobar with my old UI and even with Lyric Show 3 and  foo_multisource I'm not having any problems.

The lyric crash has nothing to do with the Georgia-ReBORN code, you will get into "rare occasions" where "Lyric Show 3 or foo_multisource" will crash your foobar...
These "rare occasions" were already mentioned here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=121047.msg1007656#msg1007656

-TT

Reply #297
@FoobyClass,

wait for the upcoming update and don't use Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.0 since there are bugs, revert back to SMP 1.5.2.
Also if you encounter this problem and it also appears after foobar restart, try to right click in the red crash log window > Panel Properties... > Clear and press OK.

-TT

Reply #299
Many thanks TT