Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Retrieve all tracks that are not synced to an iPod (Read 1344 times) previous topic - next topic

Retrieve all tracks that are not synced to an iPod

Hi,

I'm new to using foobar. I keep a playlist which I sync to my ipod, and I was wondering how to use an autoplaylist to show all my tracks that aren't in that playlist. With itunes, I would have a smart playlist with the criteria that it is not my syncing playlist. How can I do this with foobar?

Thanks!

Reply #1
Maybe that's not the most elegant way, but you could add a specific string to the comment-tag, or basically any other, (i.e. Comment: syncd) of the songs in your playlist. Now you can create an autoplaylist with the expression: NOT %comment% HAS syncd, to get all songs which are not syncd to your iPod.

Hope that will help you.

Reply #2
Thanks, it works great! Do you know of any way to automatically add the 'syncd' comment to tracks when I add them to my sync list?

Thanks again