Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: moving/renaming album art files based on filename? (Read 3618 times) previous topic - next topic

moving/renaming album art files based on filename?

Problem:  I have a couple of hundred album art file in a single 'covers' directory, named like so:

F:/ covers / [artist]_[album].jpg

e.g., 

F:/covers/Led Zeppelin_Presence.jpg

I have all my music files in subdirectories under the directory '/music/', named like so:

F:/ music / [artist] / [year] - [album] /
eg

F: / music / Led Zeppelin / 1977 - Presence /01 - Achilles Last Stand.flac

etc.

What I want to do is move all the album art files currently in 'covers/'  into their appropriate folders under 'music/'.  (I'd also like to rename each file 'folder.jpg' but that's not crucial.) The important thing is to be able to key off the artist_album structure of the filename, to move the file into its correct artist/year - album/  folder.

I could work in either Windows or Linux environments.  So far I haven't found any shareware/freeware that fits my needs, so I'm going to try it as a scripting exercise, but thought I'd ask here too , assuming HA might have good suggestions long before I've succeeded.  ;>

moving/renaming album art files based on filename?

Reply #1
http://aren.hulubulu.net/

Advanced Renamer
this program is freeware. You can make it load all .jpg files in your musicfolder/subfolders and choose foldername for renaming. The program is straightforward, seems somewhat complicated, but it's really advanced and easy to use. I did the same thing you want to do with it.

first I made a copy of all .jpg's. those copy's I renamed in one click with AR.

I read this topic for making the copy's first:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofive...php/t63585.html