Skip to main content

Topic: cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set (Read 369 times) previous topic - next topic

• dpr
  • [*]
cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set
Hi, I'm unable to encode compilations with Cuetools 2.1.5 and 2.1.6.

I have a CUE file with the COMPILATION flag set, and can encode mp3 files for all of the tracks. Other meta data from the CUE file is created as tags in the mp3 files, but not the 'part of a compilation'.

I am new to using Cuetools, but not to cuefiles;  I have a number of images and cue files that i created with eac and have successfully encoded using LAME to create these files with the metadata including the compilation flag.

The input cue file has the following:

REM GENRE Christmas-Rock
REM DATE 1963
REM DISCID B4083E0D
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb3"
REM COMPILATION 1
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
TITLE "A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector"
etc

All of the mp3s are created with the year, genre and the Various Artists performer from the cue file, but the "Part of the Compilation" flag is not set.  I have also tried changing the REM COMPILATION 1 line to REM COMPILATION TRUE.

I must be missing something obvious. Please can anyone clue me in? Also how to post 'code snippets'
Thanks
dpr

• Mr.Fox
  • [*]
Re: cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set
Reply #1
Cuetools does not understand "REM COMPILATION" from the cue file and "part of a compilation"

• DVDdoug
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set
Reply #2
REM is short for remark and it's only for humans to read.   They are ignored by the software.