Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC having trouble ripping a CD (Read 2244 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC having trouble ripping a CD

I'm about 200 discs into CD ripping and I've come across a CD that EAC is having trouble ripping.  First off, I've noticed that there are occasionally some mild inconsistencies in the gap times when I detect the gaps.  When trying to rip there is immediately a read error followed by a sync error.  I was able to rip the disc in burst mode, but the log reveals timing problems in all but 2 tracks and suspicious positions in in 2 of the tracks.  The CD plays perfectly in the drive.  Any advice on how to get a good rip?  Thanks.

Re: EAC having trouble ripping a CD

Reply #2
Any advice on how to get a good rip?  Thanks.

1) Using AccurateRip or CTDB?
2) Different drive, if you have access to one.

Thanks for the response.  Disc is unfortunately not in AccurateRip.  I tried repairing the rip using CUETools, but no luck.  I'll have to try a different drive when I find where I boxed up my old computer.

Re: EAC having trouble ripping a CD

Reply #3
So it "needed" repair?

(Since you are already using CUETools, what about a shot at it with CUERipper? For my really really really troublesome discs, I used a handful of drives and dBpoweramp, EAC and Plextor's Plextools - that was before CUERipper though. But other hardware is often more successful.)