Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Am I encoding my MP3's properly? (Read 3544 times) previous topic - next topic

Am I encoding my MP3's properly?

I'm using the all2Lame frontend with Lame 3.97b2 and in the properties of my MP3 files, it said joint stereos while my collection of MP3's say stereo. Wha'ts going on? Is it not true stereo MP3's that I just encoded? Thanks.

Reply #1
What settings are you using?  You just mentioned what encoder version.

At any rate joint stereo is not untrue stereo.  It is actually a more efficient and superior method of encoding stereo data that alternates between M/S and L/R representation on a frame to frame basis.
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Reply #2
I'm using the all2Lame frontend with Lame 3.97b2 and in the properties of my MP3 files, it said joint stereos while my collection of MP3's say stereo. Wha'ts going on? Is it not true stereo MP3's that I just encoded? Thanks.
You've been a member since July of 2002, and you've never come across a stereo vs joint stereo thread before ? Amazing !
The search function should yield a ton of info about this often discussed subject.

Regards,
Madrigal

Reply #3
The search function should yield a ton of info about this often discussed subject.

And stereo vs joint stereo (MP3 > Why is joint stereo better than pure stereo?) is also a topic in the FAQ.