Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero Burning Rom v. 5.5.10.28 released. (Read 5493 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero Burning Rom v. 5.5.10.28 released.

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#download

Changes From Nero 5.5.10.20 to 5.5.10.28.

Bug Fixes:
  • Improved detection of a corrupted session during import.
  • Fixed a problem when erasing a media containing in-use multi-session compilation.
  • Fixed a problem with some DVD-R drives which occurred while continuing multi-session.
  • Improvement of getting the correct write speed in case of DVD+R/RW media for dual (+-) DVD drives.
New:
  • Added several new recorders.
  • Caching for drag & drop audio files from CD-ROM drives improved.
  • Improvement of handling the book type.
View the Nero version history here.

Reply #1
Changes From Nero 5.5.10.20 to 5.5.10.28.

Bug Fixes:
  • Improved detection of a corrupted session during import.
  • Fixed a problem when erasing a media containing in-use multi-session compilation.
  • Fixed a problem with some DVD-R drives which occurred while continuing multi-session.
  • Improvement of getting the correct write speed in case of DVD+R/RW media for dual (+-) DVD drives.
New:
  • Added several new recorders.
  • Caching for drag & drop audio files from CD-ROM drives improved.
  • Improvement of handling the book type.
View the Nero version history here.

Reply #2
That's the 1 time, when Ahead publishes changes intime. 

Reply #3
yup...

and how many bugs.. reapear this time..

Reply #4
yup...

Who knows?

Reply #5
Is the multichannel AAC bug fixed yet? I have been waiting since December of 2002 for this bug to be fix. Talk about a long wait...

Reply #6
First Japanese Mirror may be b0rked

I downloaded the EXE from ftp://ftp.jp.nero.com/ over my 56K connection and got a corrupted rar file. Downloaded again from one of the other servers, and that worked fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Reply #7
Is there something else, not nero, to use ?

Reply #8
yup...

in both audio and data area...
Burnatonce (BAO) is the closest you get
to perfection.. and it`s free...
(if you miss some format support..
go to the BAO forum.. and yell...)

http://www.burnatonce.com/

Reply #9
With the x.28 build, I am still getting truncated filenames (64 chars max) despite using the UDF or UDF/ISO formats with Joliet unchecked. No go regardless of what mode, level, UDF ver, etc that I pick. It used to work under x.15A then I upped to X.20 where it broke. Reinstalled x.15A and still wouldn't work. No different with x.28. Anyone else seeing this?

xen-uno

connie...

Stomp's RNM worked beautifully...though I had used just the trial. $30 or so. Best burner...but Nero came with my Yam F1, so that's what I'm using (which may change VERY soon)
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #10
Here's the lowdown on LFN's in Nero...

"You are limited to the Joliet file format which only supports up to 64 characters for file names. We have an option in Nero to "Relax the ISO 9660 restrictions" ,  but this is only referring to the "Full Path" of the files location. For example: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero Burning - Rom\Nero.exe which as a file is only 7 characters long, but for the full path it used 50 characters. The Joliet File system allows filenames with up to 64 Unicode characters only. The ISO Level 1 file system allows filenames in 8+3 format and the Level 2 with up to 31 ISO characters. Currently there is no way to store filenames with more than 64 characters on an ISO or Joliet CD. Longer filenames are possible with UDF file system (but such long filenames are not supported by the Nero UDF implementation, but it might work for InCD) and with the so called "Rockridge Extensions" for the ISO file system. These Rockridge Extensions are popular in the Unix world, but are not supported by Windows and Nero.  Conclusion: Nero cannot write longer filenames than 64 characters. The only solution, that I see would be to use either a Linux PC, use the GNU freeware program "mkisofs", create a CD image with it and burn this image with Nero using the "File"->"Burn Image" menu command and the default options and to burn on an empty CD. But the long Rockridge filenames will be readable only on Unix/Linux systems and NOT on Windows PCs. Another possibility would be to use some kind of packet writing software like InCD to create the CD. But such a CD can be read only, if the InCD driver is installed. When Nero 6 comes out in late summer, it will support the ability to create files with file names larger than 64 characters"

- Gerald Greiner (Ahead Support)

Funny thing...LFN's have worked in Nero before...this makes it sound like they never have

xen-uno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #11
Funny thing...LFN's have worked in Nero before...this makes it sound like they never have

And yet, they will again in Nero 6 - good marketing ploy eh?   

Meanwhile burnatonce does over 200 chrs with iso9660:1999 - an actual ISO standard.  UDF to be supported in 0.98 too. 

Jamie

Reply #12
Meanwhile burnatonce does over 200 chrs with iso9660:1999 - an actual ISO standard.  UDF to be supported in 0.98 too. 

Advertising, ehh, jamie,

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."