Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_xgeq (Read 250593 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #125
Fixed in v0.3.7. Turned out that the dsp plugin used the same GUID (!) for the submenu than the sample plugins that come with the SDK (and I forgot to remove those two lines that instantiate the submenu, since all I wanted to add was the "Graphic Equalizer" menu entry, no submenu). This ID conflict lead to the let's call it undefined menu behaviour.
"I hear it when I see it."

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #126
Thanks for fix

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #127
Honestly, I think adding that whole menu thing was a poor decision as it now forces a menu entry that when clicked, always adds foo_dsp_xgeq to the Active DSP list, which messes with my current settings. I had to go back to a previous version where there was no menu added.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #128
Honestly, I think adding that whole menu thing was a poor decision as it now forces a menu entry that when clicked, always adds foo_dsp_xgeq to the Active DSP list, which messes with my current settings. I had to go back to a previous version where there was no menu added.

What would you want it to do if the eq is not in the list of active DSPs? Display an error message that you need to activate the eq yourself?
Also, I don't understand why you had to go back. Nothing/nobody forces you to click View - Graphic Equalizer. You can still use the DSP manager in the preferences or the vst plugin's submenu.

edit: I could also think of adding a dialog "The eq is not in the list of active DSPs, do you want to add it? [Yes] [No]". But isn't that annoying?
Or adding some enabled checkbox (like the built-in eq has) which adds/removes from the list of active DSPs?
"I hear it when I see it."

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #129
adding some enabled checkbox (like the built-in eq has) which adds/removes from the list of active DSPs?

I think this is better solution

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #130
What would you want it to do if the eq is not in the list of active DSPs? Display an error message that you need to activate the eq yourself?
Also, I don't understand why you had to go back. Nothing/nobody forces you to click View - Graphic Equalizer. You can still use the DSP manager in the preferences or the vst plugin's submenu.

edit: I could also think of adding a dialog "The eq is not in the list of active DSPs, do you want to add it? [Yes] [No]". But isn't that annoying?
Or adding some enabled checkbox (like the built-in eq has) which adds/removes from the list of active DSPs?

I have quite a few DSP chain presets that don't include foo_dsp_xgeq, and it is added to the bottom of the active DSP list, activating it in the process. Yes, no one forces anyone to click on View - Graphic Equalizer, but I most certainly would find that dialog box you mentioned a better option, and IMHO not annoying but rather informing the user of the current status of the DSP. That, along with the checkbox would make up for a rather serious approach, one that wouldn't interfere with any current configurations already in use. But if the checkbox could indeed add/remove the EQ from the active DSP list, then it would be enough, if you do find that the dialog box shown when the EQ wasn't on the list to be annoying, which I again have to say would be great.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #131
I love the Auto mode. Nice work on the plugin!

Anyway, any chance for you to make the Window 'separate', as in, allow us to touch the foobar's main window while configuring the equalizer. It helps me when I wanted to seek the song while tuning the equalizer.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #132
Where can I find (.xqeg) presets this is too much configuration for me.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #133
Where can I find (.xqeg) presets this is too much configuration for me.

An equalizer is supposed to fix things specific to your set-up/equipment, so it's pointless to use someone else's preset. That's why it's called an "equalizer", not an "enhancer" or something. 
Also you know the saying, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Vitor Machado

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #134
Is is possible to make your EQ a default UI component?
Or a Column UI one?

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #135
Or a Column UI one?

In order to make sure that player uses this plugin instead of buit-in equalizer just goto preferences click DSP Manager and add "Graphic Equalizer' into Active DSP list and remove "Equalizer' from it if it's there

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #136
Or a Column UI one?

In order to make sure that player uses this plugin instead of buit-in equalizer just goto preferences click DSP Manager and add "Graphic Equalizer' into Active DSP list and remove "Equalizer' from it if it's there

That's not the issue, I want it permanently on display or in a tab, the same way you can allocate a space for the default equaliser.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #137
Thank you but I guess it's not working with latest stable version of foobar2000 1.1.14a...

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_xgeq.dll
Reason: Error en una rutina de inicialización de biblioteca de vínculos dinámicos (DLL).

BR,
Burnett

EDIT: Maybe because I'm running a modified version of foobar2000?
Greetings
Sonny Burnett.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #138
Works fine for me.

You may have chosen not to install a necessary dependency at installation. Try running the foobar installer again and choose the "Full" option.

Make sure Graphic Equalizer has been added to (and configured at) the Active DSP list which is located at Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #139
Works fine for me.

You may have chosen not to install a necessary dependency at installation. Try running the foobar installer again and choose the "Full" option.

Make sure Graphic Equalizer has been added to (and configured at) the Active DSP list which is located at Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager.

It works now!
Graphic Equalizer was the name, I couldn't find it, LOL!
Thank you very much!
Greetings
Sonny Burnett.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #140
Does this plugin has some skins? Can you add this ability in feature.
Great plugin, thanks...

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #141
very excellent plugin, any chance to add some "remote control" maybe via window send message interface
so we could remotely control sliders, and enable/disable and such?

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #142
Thanks for this very nice plugin!

I wonder what happens below 20Hz or above 20KHz. Does the gain revert to 0dB or does it stay on the setting of 20Hz / 20KHz?

If the latter is true, one could i.e. use the 20Hz setting for a subsonic filter of -12dB.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #143
Hello I need from yours help.
I use many old version of foobar2000 downloaded from 8/14/2006 ( version 0.9.0.0 ) - because a plugin Cross-over. , which outputs to split his professional amplifiers and speaker cabinets.
I loved your version of 31 cinnamon equalizer - but it will not start on my version. If you download the latest version of the player - not going CROSS-Over .
Is there any option to remodel to go to older versions of the player.
If so - how.
Could you share.

I apologize for my bad English

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #144
Update your crossover plugin.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #145
it's okay - after the update I now have working plugins.
thank you

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #146
Hello,

I'd like to know if there was a way to include the Graphic Eq into the GUI, or even better to replace the built in Eq with it, and if that's possible, how to do it ?
I'd like to insert it into a Tab...

Thanks

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #147
This component appears to do exactly what it's supposed to, without any ill effects. Great! Thank you. It could/should be the standard EQ shipped with Foobar as far as I'm concerned.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #148
Hello,

I'd like to know if there was a way to include the Graphic Eq into the GUI, or even better to replace the built in Eq with it, and if that's possible, how to do it ?
I'd like to insert it into a Tab...

Thanks

i second that. replacing original equalizer so foo_dsp_xgeq is in gui would be amazing

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #149
Where can I find some Graphic Equalizer presets?
I did some but lol I am so fool. Complete ignorance about. Just to have some notion.
Or I am too lazy.
Can somebody please post some presets?
I want big bass and highs