Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_infobox (Read 167394 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_infobox

Reply #150
As far as I can see it's incorporated in the 0.9, you don't need a plugin.

foo_infobox

Reply #151
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373255"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Uh. As far as _I_ can see, it's not--or do I miss something? There are no "save & next"/"save & previous" buttons and you have to double-click a field to edit it.....

foo_infobox

Reply #152

Uh. As far as _I_ can see, it's not--or do I miss something? There are no "save & next"/"save & previous" buttons and you have to double-click a field to edit it.....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When you select multiple tracks, right-click and choose "properties," click on the "..." button next to "remove."  You'll see an option for "input per-track values," where you can enter one value per line and it will tag it for you.  You can also use "auto track number" from the "..." menu.

foo_infobox

Reply #153

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When you select multiple tracks, right-click and choose "properties," click on the "..." button next to "remove."  You'll see an option for "input per-track values," where you can enter one value per line and it will tag it for you.  You can also use "auto track number" from the "..." menu.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373397"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Okay, it's half-incorporated then. Yet this is IMO a poor substitute for the ol' good File Info window provided by foo_infobox.  I can only hope someone will modify the plugin so that this functionality will be back.

foo_infobox

Reply #154
For editing single files, the default 0.9 "Properties" dialog comes nowhere near the ease of the foo_infobox.

Having to double click on every field you want to edit is a pain.

Lack of previous, next boxes too.

foo_infobox

Reply #155
I need the codepage function, will it be updated ?

foo_infobox

Reply #156
For editing single files, the default 0.9 "Properties" dialog comes nowhere near the ease of the foo_infobox.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373468"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

One other alternative is provided by the latest foo_ui_columns, which allows for directly editing tags in the playlist window.

You could even argue that that's easier than the infobox, just because it requires one click instead of three  (click on the field, make change, enter vs. right click, properties, make change, apply changes)

foo_infobox

Reply #157
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373468"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

One other alternative is provided by the latest foo_ui_columns, which allows for directly editing tags in the playlist window.
You could even argue that that's easier than the infobox, just because it requires one click instead of three  (click on the field, make change, enter vs. right click, properties, make change, apply changes)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374075"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What is the "mouse activated inline metafield editing mode?  ...snip...  If so, how in the heck do you get it to work?  ...snip...

*EDIT* nevermind!  You need to have it set in under "Playlist view">Columns>select the fields that are to be editable by clicking once in the field by entering the desired under "Meta field to edit"....in case anyone else is wondering.    I think I can do without InfoBox now.... 

foo_infobox

Reply #158
What is the "mouse activated inline metafield editing mode?  ...snip...  If so, how in the heck do you get it to work?  ...snip...

*EDIT* nevermind!  You need to have it set in under "Playlist view">Columns>select the fields that are to be editable by clicking once in the field by entering the desired under "Meta field to edit"....in case anyone else is wondering.    I think I can do without InfoBox now.... 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374098"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm afraid I don't quite get it. What exactly should be entered into the "meta field to edit" box? And how am I to edit tags after that? *puzzled*

foo_infobox

Reply #159

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374098"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm afraid I don't quite get it. What exactly should be entered into the "meta field to edit" box? And how am I to edit tags after that? *puzzled*
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374148"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's the field you want to edit. So your artist column would have ARTIST, your album column would have ALBUM, and so on. To use it, click once on a track, then click once on the item you want changed. BTW, it's the exact same behavior as renaming files in Windows...

foo_infobox

Reply #160
It's the field you want to edit. So your artist column would have ARTIST, your album column would have ALBUM, and so on. To use it, click once on a track, then click once on the item you want changed. BTW, it's the exact same behavior as renaming files in Windows...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374149"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, that's what I tried first--to no avail. However I figured it out at last. Somehow the "click once on a track, click once on the item you want changed" way didn't work for me--probably due to the string I'm using that has multiple values for one metafield. Had to make use of the F2 shortcut and it works like a charm now.

*Later*: no, not like a charm. When I press F2, only the first column becomes editable. Argh. Guess I'll be waiting for foo_infobox to be ported.....

foo_infobox

Reply #161
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374149"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, that's what I tried first--to no avail. However I figured it out at last. Somehow the "click once on a track, click once on the item you want changed" way didn't work for me--probably due to the string I'm using that has multiple values for one metafield. Had to make use of the F2 shortcut and it works like a charm now.

*Later*: no, not like a charm. When I press F2, only the first column becomes editable. Argh. Guess I'll be waiting for foo_infobox to be ported.....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374155"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you waiting a little bit after clicking on the field? You have to wait a little less than a second for the textbox to appear. Title Formatting shouldn't have anything to do with it, just what's in the metadata box and where that particular column is placed.

Also, if you do use F2, you can always use Tab to move between different fields...

foo_infobox

Reply #162
Interesting feature, but I'm having the same trouble as Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat. (Having to press F2). I'm going to post some suggestions in the foo_ui_columns thread...

foo_infobox

Reply #163
Are you waiting a little bit after clicking on the field? You have to wait a little less than a second for the textbox to appear. Title Formatting shouldn't have anything to do with it, just what's in the metadata box and where that particular column is placed.

Also, if you do use F2, you can always use Tab to move between different fields...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374178"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Still no luck. Sure thing I wait after clicking on the field but nothing happens. Perhaps my clicking skills are all screwed up, huh?  Or, more probably, this feature is string dependable and/or buggy.....

In regard to using Tab to move to the next field--ah yes, indeed it does the trick. Actually, I read the Column UI Wiki but seemed to skip that. Many thanks.

*Sigh* but I still want my dear foo_infobox back into .9

foo_infobox

Reply #164
Works here.

Are you sure "mouse inline metafield editing" in playlist view preferences tab is enabled (Columns UI or Windows)?

I tried disabling it and then only F2 worked; enabling it and "edit on second late click"... keeps working again.
XP SP1

foo_infobox

Reply #165
Doh! *smacks forehead* Yes. That's all I had to do. Thanks!

Could someone edit the Columns UI Wiki and add something like
"Activate the Inline metafield editing mode in Display - Columns UI - Playlist View - General" to the "Inline metafield editing" section, for clarity's sake? See, I'm not the only one who got confused.....

foo_infobox

Reply #166
Yes, that fixed it!

What's the difference between Columns UI and Windows mode? (in the Inline metafield editing mode box)

foo_infobox

Reply #167
Yes, that fixed it!

What's the difference between Columns UI and Windows mode? (in the Inline metafield editing mode box)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374482"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

haha...I wondered the same thing!  I just put it to Columns UI for fun.    I'm REALLY liking this feature.  It's excellent!

foo_infobox

Reply #168
I don't have a specific album column though, we still need the new foo_infobox

foo_infobox

Reply #169
I don't have a specific album column though, we still need the new foo_infobox
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374635"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm also paranoid about slipping and accidentally changing tags with the new inline tag editor that Columns UI provides.
</signature>

foo_infobox

Reply #170
This is the only plugin that's holding me of from migrating entirely to v0.9. And the developer isnt showing any sign of life. 
Would it bee too much for Peter to just implement 'previous' and 'next' buttons in the properties box?

foo_infobox

Reply #171
I just downloaded the updated foo_infobox extension from the components site. Am I the first to see it?

Download it here.

IMO this should be the default tag editor in foobar. It's so useful, and the default editor is nowhere close.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

foo_infobox

Reply #172
Yes, it's it and it works!.

Thanks.

I wonder if we will ever have the way to show also our custom tags in text boxes, maybe being able to define a tab sequence or the order to show them.
Thinking of multi value fields, as in a single selection they are shown as different instances with the same tag name, I wonder if we will ever be able to define a "sorting list" to show them. Something as Excels lists (months, day of the week etc). Or better, if we we'll be able to change their sorting position moving them around (up/down).

Anyway, thanks for porting it.

foo_infobox

Reply #174
I love this new inline editing and it almost makes up for the info tool but I don't like how it doesn't display the existing tag content for editing, when you edit within the columns ui playlist.  When the field becomes editable, it also becomes blank.  I think it would be really easy to copy the text out of the field and start the new field that way, so why don't they, and if they have, how do you switch to that or do that?