Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Strange linker error (Read 4476 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange linker error

Hello,

I am getting the following link error:

Code: [Select]
initquit.obj : error LNK2005: ___@@_PchSym_@00@UfhvihUylyUwlxfnvmghUerhfzoLhgfwrlLCABAUullyziCAAAUhwpRCABBRADRBBUullyziCAAAUullPko
zborhgPhligUivovzhvUullPkozborhgPhligOlyq@ already defined in foo_playlist_sort.obj

I specified 'Create' for the Precompiled Header option, and
I specified 'Multithreaded DLL (/MD) for the Runtime Library option.
My additional libraries include shared.lib, pfc.lib, foobar2000_SDK.lib and foobar2000_component_client.lib

Thank you very much...

Strange linker error

Reply #1
I found a solution.

I rebuilt the project from scratch and this time I set the compiler option Precompiled Header to "Not Using Precompiled Headers." I don't know if this is the correct thing to do, but my project now compiles and links.

Strange linker error

Reply #2
I'm glad you got the problem solved so easily. Precompiled headers can speed up the (re-)compilation of projects which use many and large include files. It is not necessary to use precompiled headers to create a foobar2000 component.