Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I edit embedded cue sheet in ISO file? (Read 5889 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I edit embedded cue sheet in ISO file?

Hello,

This is my first post here. This is a subject I don't fully understand, so please don't beat me too hard if I'm asking the wrong thing in the wrong place!

I have been given a number of SACD ISO files with embedded cue sheets. Some of those cue sheets appear to be wrong. I'm converting the ISOs to 32-bit/88.2Hz AIFFs with the latest version of XLD (20151214 (149.1)), on a Mac running OS X 10.11.5. After splitting, several tracks run too long, and into the following track.  I suspect the problem to be a misreading of the pregaps. My question is: how do I access the embedded cue sheet to edit it?

Thanks for taking the time with this.

Re: How do I edit embedded cue sheet in ISO file?

Reply #1
If the SACD ISO is ripped from an SACD, I suspect that something else is wrong.  I have hundreds of SACD ISOs and thousands of SACDs and this isn't a common problem.

Reply #2
If the SACD ISO is ripped from an SACD, I suspect that something else is wrong.  I have hundreds of SACD ISOs and thousands of SACDs and this isn't a common problem.

I agree. I have a few myself, and I haven't had a problem in the past. I did not rip these particular SACDs, so I can't re-do them, I just need to edit the embedded cue sheet a dozen-or-so times to fix the problem.

Reply #3
I don't believe SACD ISOs use cue sheets, per se. The last time I examined one, they contain a UDF file system, and that contains the tracks as DFF or DSF or such files, one per track, and sometimes DST (lossless) compressed. So the only way to manipulate the "cue sheet" would be to append the raw DSD data of all the files together, then re-split it into new DFF/DSF files. They will also need to be re-compressed into DST format, if they were compressed to start with.

My favorite part about DST is that the reference decoder is incredibly slow, but since there is no correlation between blocks of data, it is possible to pipeline the decoding across multiple threads, hence why the reference decoder is even usable in foo_input_sacd.

Reply #4
I don't believe SACD ISOs use cue sheets, per se. The last time I examined one, they contain a UDF file system, and that contains the tracks as DFF or DSF or such files, one per track, and sometimes DST (lossless) compressed. So the only way to manipulate the "cue sheet" would be to append the raw DSD data of all the files together, then re-split it into new DFF/DSF files. They will also need to be re-compressed into DST format, if they were compressed to start with.

Thanks for your reply. As I said at the start, I'm a little lost with the whole process, so I might be describing things poorly. When I go to extract the files in XLD I get an alert window which says:

I was assuming the person who extracted the ISO added the cue sheet. Do you think I am mistaken?

Reply #5
Thanks for your help everybody. I solved the problem in a spectacularly low-tech fashion. I made a single AIFF from the ISO; opened it in Audacity and noted where the gaps were in the audio track graphic, then wrote the times down with a pencil and paper! I then wrote another cue sheet and used that to split the tracks. ::)  One down, seven more to go.

Sorry for being so thick.