Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Group music by Album, Artist and Track No with Facets (Read 2908 times) previous topic - next topic

Group music by Album, Artist and Track No with Facets

Hello there,

So I have Facets downloaded for foobar and I came across and issue that I can't seem to solve no matter how much Google searching or fiddling around myself I do.

My issue is that my music is not being 'sorted' correctly when I use the grouping feature. It seems to be working aside from sorting by the track number. If you see my attached screenshot, it correctly groups by artist and album, but each individual album is not sorted by the correct track number, which can be quite annoying.

Does anyone know how I can fix it? As far as I can tell, it seems to only be a problem when I have an artist with multiple albums.

Thanks.

Screenshot of the issue: http://gyazo.com/1c64120d361d82f4c1f5b8d3337bfd2c

Reply #1
I am not sure how the default playlist view sorts by default  - I guess by %path_sort% - but according to your picture all your albums are sorted descending by title name. You probably clicked twice at the column "title/track artist". To sort by track number you first have to click at the column "track no" and than at "album" to enable album grouping.

You should also check your tags and file names. If there is something wrong sorting won't work correctly.

Reply #2
Hello there,

So I have Facets downloaded for foobar and I came across and issue that I can't seem to solve no matter how much Google searching or fiddling around myself I do.

My issue is that my music is not being 'sorted' correctly when I use the grouping feature. It seems to be working aside from sorting by the track number. If you see my attached screenshot, it correctly groups by artist and album, but each individual album is not sorted by the correct track number, which can be quite annoying.

Does anyone know how I can fix it? As far as I can tell, it seems to only be a problem when I have an artist with multiple albums.

Thanks.

Screenshot of the issue: http://gyazo.com/1c64120d361d82f4c1f5b8d3337bfd2c

If your problem is just that you want it to autosort when you browse by facets, then you can change the facets default sort order.

go to Preferences > Media Library > Facets

in the library section, change the default sort order to something like:
%album artist%|%date%|%album%|%discnumber%|%tracknumber%

you can remove %date% if you prefer albums to be sorted alphabetically rather than by date.