Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 230859 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #950
In my radio stream . The title of the song begin with :
Stream title :' .........'
Can I remove stream title to have the correct name for the lyrics and thumbs to work correctly?

Reply #951
Any way to show a custom picture for artists with "no image"???

Reply #952
Regarding filmstrip, I've put some custom styles in my layout, but so far I haven't seen an issue. If I encounter it I'll add a fix.

In the meantime are you sure you're not inadvertently clicking layout > filmstrip > top/right/bottom/left menu item which looks fairly similar and which does auto-enable the filmstrip?

Thcx for replying.

No, I'm not. No problem though I do not switch the layouts at all.

I use one panel default for Artist with Image+Text (Part Overlay + Dark) and the other panel default Album+Tracks with Text (Full overlay + Blend cover based, which nicely blends with the art I am displaying underneath). I just mentioned it, because  it seems to be a bug.

Only small issues I have are with LibTree, but I made a post about those in that topic.

Reply #953
@DJ FRANK G.
Stubs are normally set in foobar2000 preferences > display. Go to the artist tab and at the bottom set the stub image. They can also be set in panel properties ("Stub..."), which is checked first. If neither are set, the biography-styled stub is used

@Jul2323

Removing ' .........' with advanced radio stream parser should be doable. Filmstrip should work fine. Currently display of lyrics by biography isn't using the modifed artist and titles in such scenarios: I've added it for the next version. Then it should work fine for pre-existing lyrics, although the modifed artist and titles won't be used by lyric downloaders.

As this seems a very simple case, and assuming the artist is being correctly returned, it may work now for filmStrip + display of pre-existing lyrics in bio by changing the main title format in the title format tab, e.g. set %BIO_TITLE% to
Code: [Select]
$replace($meta(title,0), .........,)
[retains your leading space].

This is untested as I don't have the stream URL to check.

Reply #954
@Defender

I've still not seen the filmStrip misbehaviour. If you have a set of panel properties that always shows the issue when you do X, and the issue is retained on import of the panel properties into a new panel, then post the panel properties and I can take a look. But say what X is. You may as well post the biography.cfg as well if you do have a reproducible scenario. Otherwise I'll keep an eye open for the issue.

Also, alt + middle click toggles filmStrip on/off.

Reply #955
@Defender

I've still not seen the filmStrip misbehaviour. If you have a set of panel properties that always shows the issue when you do X, and the issue is retained on import of the panel properties into a new panel, then post the panel properties and I can take a look. But say what X is. You may as well post the biography.cfg as well if you do have a reproducible scenario. Otherwise I'll keep an eye open for the issue.

Also, alt + middle click toggles filmStrip on/off.

Like I said ... Not a big deal, but I understand you want no bugs :-)

In the first panel ("Artist" no issues with Filmstrip). Second panel ("Txt only Album+Track) always shows all of a sudden Filmstrip when I change anything with images (Display / Layout). Easy enough to disable Filmstrip via the rightclick menu of ALT-double middleclick.

I attached my biography.cfg. It seems as if it it shared between both biography panels I have. If you need more info please ask.

Another thing is that when there's no artist found (happens a  lot when you click on a not running radio stream) artist_stub_user.png is displayed which is actually the last successful artist. So I copied a blank (not a No Artist image since nothing is playing anyway) in the same folder where biography.cfg is located and set it to read only which solves the issue. Don't know if you knew that one but anyway it is solved.
Had the same issue in biography 1.1.3 but there it displayed the artist picture of the first group it found in YTTM\C which was artist C :-D (took me ages to find that picture and thus the folder).

I'll look into your LibTree reply a bit later today :-)

Thx for being so responsive

Reply #956
Thanks for Biography, a true gem for foobar2000!

My setup Win 10 x64
foobar2000 2.0 32-bit (2023-04-26) 
Layout DarkOne v4.0 by Tedgo
Spider Monkey Panel Hotfix1.6.1
WilB Biography 1.4.0

C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000
Wikipedia shows up in here.
I have changed the Biography>yttm folder location to this
*:\Biography\yttm
For some reason wikipedia does not show up here, I can't figure out why?

After new install of foobar2000 2.0 32-bit a new folder got addded in C:\
C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000-v2
Wikipedia shows up in here.
How do I configure and merge the new foobar2000-v2 Biography>yttm to
*:\Biography\yttm
Would also like to have wikipedia moved and to show up in new folder.

Also, is it possible to manually add images to Biography>yttm folder?
For lesser-known artists that do not appear in the biography?
Also would like to add own text about the artist.

Any info and tips highly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
redorb
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #957
@Defender
Second panel ("Txt only Album+Track) always shows all of a sudden Filmstrip when I change anything with images (Display / Layout)

Can you export and post the panel properties for that?

Reply #958
@Defender
Second panel ("Txt only Album+Track) always shows all of a sudden Filmstrip when I change anything with images (Display / Layout)

Can you export and post the panel properties for that?

Here you are ...

Reply #959
@redorb

Thanks for Biography, a true gem for foobar2000!
Thanks for you kind words!

Is it possible to manually add images to Biography..
You can copy custom photos into the download folder of the artist. That requires 'options > image tab > last.fm photos' disabled.

Also would like to add own text about the artist
Use menu > sources > paste text from clipboard. You may need to press shift for that menu item to show (behaviour can be changed in options > behaviour tab)

For some reason wikipedia does not show up here, I can't figure out why?
I can't see anything obvious in the parts of the path visible. But you've hidden part of the path (for obvious reasons).

Most likely reason is the path isn't entered correctly, e.g. a missing \ etc

You can check the location using the preview.

If you can't see anything, if the last.fm path works, copy it into notepad.
Then copy the wikipedia path directly underneath.
That way it can be easier to see less obvious differences.

You should just be able to copy/move yttm or subfolders, so long as folder/file structure is same.

You could also consider using the default cache, unless you have a specific reason why it's unsuitable for you. It's neat and out of the way in package_data. You may have to click hide folders on download tab to access the setting. If you let bio download a few things it will create the folders. The folder/file structure is the standard one, and so long as you haven't changed yttm subfolders, you can copy existing items in obviously omitting yttm. If you go down this route, do a few items of each type to begin with to ensure it's all working as expected.

@Defender
Thanks for the feedback. The issue seems to be related to filmstrip > overlay image area being enabled. Disabling should stop the issue (if the menu item is greyed out, change to a different layout temporarily [e.g. top]). The next version should have a proper fix.

Reply #960
@redorb

@Defender
Thanks for the feedback. The issue seems to be related to filmstrip > overlay image area being enabled. Disabling should stop the issue (if the menu item is greyed out, change to a different layout temporarily [e.g. top]). The next version should have a proper fix.

Yes, that solved it. Thx!

Reply #961
@ WilB
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Did some changes.
Rolled back to foobar2000 1.6.16
Updated to Biography 1.4.0
I can access allmusic, last.fm and wikipedia and the paths are correct to saving on other HDD.
This seems to solve the issue with paths.

When updated to foobar2000 2.0, which creates a new folder on C:, there are now two foobar folders,
foobar2000 and foobar2000 v2.
Now "my" paths to Biography, Wikipedia on other HDD no longer works and I can't figure out why.
I can access allmusic, last.fm but can't change the wikipedia path, it won't stick.
An example, Nina Simone (this works fine on foobar2000 1.6.16)
%profile% <-- change this to my path doesn't work.
C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\review\wikipedia\n\
%profile%\yttm\review\wikipedia\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))
C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\biography\wikipedia\n\
%profile%\yttm\biography\wikipedia\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))

This is no biggie, maybe it's foobar v2 that causes the issue?
Wondering if I really need the foobar v2 update, I'm perfectly happy with the setup I now have.
foobar2000, DarkOne4 theme and Biography looks fabulous and works great, so I guess case closed.
Thanks and best regards,
redorb
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #962
Hi WilB,

Using foobar current 2.1 x86 view with Biography 1.4.1.

Something weird. I have two streams who play fine, have the correct Bio Artist name, but cannot store the Artist image because the cycle folder it wants to store the image is illegal.

Normally the system wants to create a subfolder based on lowercase first letter of bio artist and then a folder with the artistname.
However the first character seems to be an underscore (???). If I change the cycle folder to a $cut of 2 characters the result is a 1 letter subfolder.

Streams are:
https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/SUBLIME_FUNK_DISCO.mp3
https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/SUBLIMESOUL.mp3

What's wrong?

Reply #963
Sublime, it reminded me of something:

:))

Reply #965
Hi WilB,

Something weird. I have two streams who play fine, have the correct Bio Artist name, but cannot store the Artist image because the cycle folder it wants to store the image is illegal.

Normally the system wants to create a subfolder based on lowercase first letter of bio artist and then a folder with the artistname.
However the first character seems to be an underscore (???). If I change the cycle folder to a $cut of 2 characters the result is a 1 letter subfolder.

Streams are:
https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/SUBLIME_FUNK_DISCO.mp3
https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/SUBLIMESOUL.mp3

What's wrong?

UPDATE:
Apparently the %artist% and/or %album artist% tags contain non-ansi characters which are not visually displayed.

For the time being I altered the %BIO_ALBUMARTIST% to $replace($ansi($if3($meta(album artist,0),$meta(artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))),PLAYING: ,,?,) and %BIO_ARTIST% similarly.
That solves the issue.

However I would prefer not to have this code in %BIO_ALBUMARTIST% and %BIO_ARTIST%. But I'm not handy enough to make alterations in the parser file.

Would you be so kind to give some code that does the trick in the parser file?

Thx

Reply #966
Hi WilB,

Streams are:

What's wrong?

UPDATE:
Apparently the %artist% and/or %album artist% tags contain non-ansi characters which are not visually displayed.

For the time being I altered the %BIO_ALBUMARTIST% to $replace($ansi($if3($meta(album artist,0),$meta(artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))),PLAYING: ,,?,) and %BIO_ARTIST% similarly.
That solves the issue.

However I would prefer not to have this code in %BIO_ALBUMARTIST% and %BIO_ARTIST%. But I'm not handy enough to make alterations in the parser file.

Would you be so kind to give some code that does the trick in the parser file?

Thx

UPDATE2: The $ansi workaround is certainly not a good solution :-( It also kills all cyrillic characters. So in that case I don't get an artist name at all anymore.

UPDATE3: Apparently These Sublime stations add an invisible UTF-8 character to the artistname.

New workaround is:
%BIO_ALBUMARTIST% $replace($if3($meta(album artist,0),$meta(artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0)),PLAYING: ,,$char(65279),)
%BIO_ARTIST% $replace($if3($meta(artist,0),$meta(album artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0)),PLAYING: ,,$char(65279),)

NB. Found it because in country_codes.json the artist was written preceeded by the culprit character.

Reply #967
Is there a reason why artist images won't update? When I initially install the package it will download the artist picture of the first track I play. But subsequent tracks from a different artist will not download.

So I keep getting photos of the same (initial) band, no matter which artist I click on.

(This happens with 1.4.1 and earlier versions)

Reply #968
Ok, I figured out the issue. It turns out this script doesn't work in portable mode. Is there a way to set it up so it can?

Another issue I'm having is Lyrics. I don't get that option on 1.4.1. I do on earlier versions.

With 1.4.1 Right click/Load  I get:

Allmusic.biography
Last.fm.biography
Wikipedia.biography
Nowplaying

With earlier versions I get:

Allmusic.biography
Last.fm.biography
Wikipedia.biography
Lyrics

Reply #969
Ok, Lyrics no longer works on any version. It only works for the first album I play after installing the package. (Sound familiar?). All subsequent albums, Lyrics won't work. This time it doesn't matter if I install portable or standard.

Why am I the only one with this issue?

Reply #970
One more comment. (I would edit everything in one post if I could).

The lyrics still doesn't work. I tried it on another PC and the same thing. The reason why it picks up lyrics when I first install was a coincidence. Some lyrics will work but only existing ones that are in my lyrics directory in appdata/foobar2000/lyrics directory.  If I delete the directory, it will not display any lyrics.

By the way, I discovered this...

Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({B147439D-85D4-47B7-93C7-49B657E6F05C}: Biography v1.4.1 by WilB)
item.replace is not a function

File: text.js
Line: 1440, Column: 15
Stack trace:

Here are the steps to produce it...

In Options/Textreader & Lyrics check the 4th Lyrics Source box on the right and then at the bottom select Scroll Unsynced.

When you press OK, it will crash when you click the panel to switch to biography. If you're already on biography it will crash
right away.

Reply #971
Ok, I think I've finally seen the forest for the trees. Unlike info and images, Biography does not grab lyrics. It just displays existing lyrics or 'runs along side' an existing lyrics grabber like Open Lyrics. That would explain why there aren't any Lyric source options. :)

And no it didn't take me this long to figure it out, I figured it out after my final post last night.

I wish I could delete the above posts, although my minor quibble about this not working portable still stands. Maybe that can be remedied in the future.

Reply #972
It's a real ghost town around here. Anyway, I reset my Foobar's preferences and now Biography works in portable mode. I have no idea which setting could have caused it to not work.

But now I've discovered another oddity. Some of the images that Biography pulls in will slow my theme down to a crawl.  Kahel has mentioned this, a couple of pages back. So for now I'm not sure what to do other than to disable images.

Reply #973
I feel like I have this whole place to myself. I might start chatting about my personal life here.

Anyway, 'just for the record', I figured out once and for all why Biography wasn't grabbing images with my portable version. It's because the title of the folder was too large. Once I shorten it, it starts working.

As for the slow speed I am experiencing, I've discovered that using User Interface (as opposed to Dark, etc) in the options makes the program twice as fast. But unfortunately, it's still too slow for me when using images.

Despite this, it's still a really well done and must-have panel for Foobar.

Reply #974
7 posts in a row... might be some kind of record... sorry for breaking the streak... : )

The User interface vs dark mode... is interesting, weird, but interesting. I'll double check what I'm running and if I see a performance difference.