Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [req] Voxengo R8Brain Resampler? (Read 5382 times) previous topic - next topic

[req] Voxengo R8Brain Resampler?

Currently, it seems to me, this is the very best free resampler.  It does considerably better than either SSCR or  PPHS.

You can see http://src.infinitewave.ca/ for detailed test results.

Anyway it features
    * Freeware
    * Reads PCM WAV files of bit depths 8, 16, 24, 32 and 64
    * 32 and 64 bit files can be in IEEE floating sample format
    * Mono and stereo file support
    * Virtually any input and output sample rate
    * Batch processing
    * Writes 8, 16 and 24 bit PCM WAV files and 32 bit IEEE WAV files
    * Reusable royalty-free converter DLL with explained API

As you can see, the last point is the one that piqued my interest.  I was wondering if the dll would give the possibilities to use it as a foobar2000 plugin?  Any one interested in looking?

Reply #1
very good idea. One should be able to benefit from this advisability to replace these resampler. I support this project which seems a little complex to implement.  (for me)

Thanx fo your search 

Reply #2
Better? Better how? Care to provide some real facts or were you simply in a TOS8-violating mood? All I see on that site is one graph with zero explanation.

Reply #3
Better? Better how? Care to provide some real facts or were you simply in a TOS8-violating mood? All I see on that site is one graph with zero explanation.

You could always try learning how to read the graphs, understand what you're talking about or, at the very least, ask your question in a polite manor.  Do you really expect an nice, detailed reply after that?

Reply #4

You could always try learning how to read the graphs, understand what you're talking about or, at the very least, ask your question in a polite manor.  Do you really expect an nice, detailed reply after that?

Yes, I do. I also expect that my brain function properly when I post. Unfortunately, that's not always possible, as in this case. For some reason, I thought that site was a single screenshot with zero context.

Mea culpa.

Reply #5
r8brain really looks best, but SSRC and PPHS are not mentioned in these comparisons.

oops, hf rolloff starts at 18 kHz

Reply #6
I've recently tested SSRC and PPHS. Take a look here.
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Reply #7
up
someone interested ?

Reply #8
I've interested, but where developers?..
Thinking Outside The Box

Re: [req] Voxengo R8Brain Resampler?

Reply #9
Bump.

We've (quite) recently asked r8brain dev for a fb2k port, without success:
https://github.com/avaneev/r8brain-free-src/issues/14

Anyway, for those who are able to, sources are available @ GH repo:
https://github.com/avaneev/r8brain-free-src/

Last but not least, we've collected many open source resamplers (including r8brain free) here:
https://github.com/forart/HyMPS/blob/main/A_Tools.md#resampling-

Hope that helps/inspires !
F.O.R.A.R.T. npo

Re: [req] Voxengo R8Brain Resampler?

Reply #10
FinalCD has been the best free SRC for years. Latest R8Brain is good, but R8Brain Pro is better and worth paying for, at least IME.