Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best rippers.. (Read 3958 times) previous topic - next topic

Best rippers..

It seeems that after reading a bit on this forum, everybody thinks that EAC is the better than Audiograbber, Easy CDDA Extractor, and CDex. I have used the latter three and i am very statifie with them.

But can some body just tell me why EAC is better than others??
( Other than price.... i am only talking about funtionality here and quality. Since EAC is still in beta.... and what abut after beta?? )

Best rippers..

Reply #1
Originally posted by iwod
But can some body just tell me why EAC is better than others??

EAC has really good secure mode that works well with scratched cds, it works with drives that cache audio data, it has C2 error correction so one can rip protected cds, it can be used to burn cds. And the offset correction is really great, even if you copy disc multiple times you always get identical disc. This is not possible with any other ripper.