Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: World-Map-SMP (Read 14687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World-Map-SMP

Reply #75
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.3.0
[3.3.0] - 2023-10-15
Added

UI: menu entries to edit locale tags for writing and reading from files. Old properties will be lost on updating.

Changed

UI: better compatibility when locale tag contains the ISO 3166 3-letter code, instead of a country name. Header now displays the country name associated instead of the ISO code.
    UI: reworked menus associated to file tags, now merged on the same submenu.

Removed
Fixed

Reply #76
While I'm still trying to properly set up your map, I'm already wishing a timeline script. Maybe an elastic one, which would show greater detail for shorter scales, maybe always showing the five or so composers most represented (by tracks) in each library for the shown period of time - thus you would have a time-navigation thingy along with this space-navigation means
See this:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,124935.msg1034372.html#msg1034372

Reply #77
Thanks, Regor!

I'd like to ask you to handle multiple values for a single track, such as DEU & GBR for Händel, SVN & AUT for Hugo Wolf, DZA & FRA for Hector Zazou. (I do see that you show multiple values for a selection of multiple tracks.)

Also, please allow ENG, SCT, NIR and WLS.

Still trying your timeline, for which I also have values for birth and death, for a view like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_classical_music_composers_by_era

Regards,
M.

Reply #78
I'd like to ask you to handle multiple values for a single track, such as DEU & GBR for Händel, SVN & AUT for Hugo Wolf, DZA & FRA for Hector Zazou. (I do see that you show multiple values for a selection of multiple tracks.)
This is not a trivial change, the JSON database should also save multiple values.Tagging would not work properly in such case (which would overwrite 2 values). Finally it goes against the current design where only a single value of the locale tag is used, since it may be filled with city, region, etc. What you ask would require a code logic to differentiate between having multiple ISO codes or country names and just garbage. Or hardcoding some kind of separator like '|' (thus multivalue tags must be converted to DEU|GBR). Will look into it but don't expect it.

Thanks, Regor!
Also, please allow ENG, SCT, NIR and WLS.
Regards,
M.
I will not add any ISO 3 value, the table used is the official one and will not start adding values just because someone wants them, because that would have no end for me.

But feel free to do it by yourself at 'world_map_tables.js' file. You need to add the regions at isoMap, isoCoordinates and alpha3toAlpha2 variables. Or if you provide me the data, I can do it on next update (I just don't want to do the work looking for the coordinates). Example: (give this to me for every region)

Code: [Select]
['afghanistan','AFG']
['AFG', [33,65]] // latitude, longitude
['AFG','AF']

EDIT: well hardcoding a separator like '|' works fine and was somewhat trivial. It can then be enabled/disabled easily with a new setting.
X

Reply #79
v3.4.0 - Multi-value tags support + country shapes customization
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.4.0

[3.4.0] - 2023-11-15
Added

UI: country shapes are now configurable: color and transparency. Setting a custom color uses masking under the hood, which may have a different performance impact than the 'default' mode (which just loads the country shapes with a fixed color).
    UI: option to only show the flag at header (without requiring the country name).
    Tags: setting to enable multi-value tags support, when there are multiple ISO values within the same tag separated by '|'. For ex. 'FRA|GBR'.
    Auto-update: added -optional- automatic checks for updates on script load; enabled by default. Compares version of current file against GitHub repository. Manual checking can also be found at the settings menu. Setting may also be globally switched at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json', by changing 'bAutoUpdateCheck'. It will apply by default to any new installed script (previous scripts will still need to be manually configured to change them).
    Added setting to disable popups related to features not being supported by the OS (at startup). Found at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json', by changing 'bPopupOnCheckSOFeatures'. By default popups are always shown. This setting will never be exposed within foobar, only at this file.

Changed

UI: color menu entries now show the color name along the menu entry.
    Helpers: updated statistics mode with new graphs and features from the latest Statistics-Framework-SMP version.
    Helpers: replaced library chroma.js with own version.
    Helpers: updated helpers.

Removed
Fixed

UI: country layer not painted at right position after changing map type in some cases; it was only updated properly after playback/selection changed. Now is also reset after the setting is changed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #80
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.5.0
[3.5.0] - 2023-11-24
Added

Statistics: click on point to create playlists by selected key and data mode
    Statistics: added point statistics.
    Statistics: added buttons to statistics mode. Menus are now opened via buttons, no longer with R. click. There is also a button to directly exit statistics mode.
    Statistics: added sorting options according to Y axis.
    Statistics: colors are now forced with a scheme based on panel colors.
    UI: transparency input menu entries now have a hint about which value is opaque and which transparent.

Changed

Statistics: after changing data type, number of values shown is kept if possible.
    UI: Improved responsiveness of repaint in some instances after changing settings or exiting statistics mode.
    Console: reduced max log file size to 1 MB.

Removed
Fixed

Crash on some cases using country masks.

X

Reply #81
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.8.0
3.8.0 - 2023-12-11
Added
Changed

UI: replaced all background settings with a new implementation, equal to the one found at Timeline-SMP, which allows to use covers, colors, gradients, etc.

Removed

UI: old background settings (no longer working).

Fixed

UI: panel not being refreshed when globally disabling/enabling the panel.
    Crash due to missing helpers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #82
I don't know if I did something wrong but I have a problem.

I merged the locale file tags to the JSON database like we talked in the wrapped post, and put the write tags to write to json.

The problem is that now every new artist that didn't have locale tag is from Spain. Even when the biography panel load world map continues to show Spain.

I checked and the locale last.fm tags are well assigned, and the new artist doesn't have any.

I delete the world map data from js_data and tried again and the same happened.

X

Reply #83
Once corrected that with shift+L click in map now France is stuck for new artists

Reply #84
That's probably an error on your config, related to bio integration or the selection mode.

I mean, that's the most basic part of the package and it has been working fine for years.

Reply #85
That's probably an error on your config, related to bio integration or the selection mode.

I mean, that's the most basic part of the package and it has been working fine for years.

And until now for me too. All scripts are from yesterday (for wrapped test), the bio panel is the same, omly thing new is that I vheck write in json instead of in the files and make use of db meging the file tags in it.

Ah, the world map is from the zip, not the package in release

Reply #86
I delete all scripts, all data in js_data and package data for bio. Installed all again, and make sure that notify tags is enabled. Even recreate the library but nothing, no longer works like before.

There is another data stored besides in package-data and js_data?

What is necessary to start fresh with all scripts?

Reply #88
Check the things I have pointed to, neither json database nor merging tags affect it.

There is no other data.

In the UI all seems to be fine The integration said that with the bio version works, the menu is selected, notify tags is true in bio, but world map still doesn't change.. Only change when there is a locale tag. How can I check if  it is installed correctly?

If I select write to file when playing, at play time update the tag and show the country. Without playing the same as write as json, only with files with locale Update the tag too in select mode when founded in is present. If not default to US.

Reply #89
Do you have the same selection mode on both panels?

It doesn't default to anything, is just displaying and old value.

EDIT: and please write me in spanish too -within a spoiler tag- because I don't really understand some of your phrases.

Reply #90
It's a bio bug. I have told you multiple times to check the selection mode matches, just tested it and it doesn't match.

The bio panel is just changing the selection mode randomly while playing tracks, which is not my fault.

Reply #91
It's a bio bug. I have told you multiple times to check the selection mode matches, just tested it and it doesn't match.

The bio panel is just changing the selection mode randomly while playing tracks, which is not my fault.

It is the same in both. And change in both when it is changed in bio or world

Reply #92

It is the same in both. And change in both when it is changed
No. Have tested it. No. Enable the warnings when it changes and you will see it changes randomly when playing tracks.

Reply #93

It is the same in both. And change in both when it is changed
No. Have tested it. No. Enable the warnings when it changes and you will see it changes randomly when playing tracks.

I don't have any pop-up when playing, it show up when ichanged the display mode but not at playing

I made a video.
when Ichanged the display mode show the pop-up
But playing doesn't change, as you see the panels follow the selection,

Another short video showing the configuration of both panels playing. Both stay at follow selected.

Maybe you test with lyrics mode on, that only allow prefer playing in bio?

I have it off

The long video show too how the panel default to US when there is locale or the bio panel doesn't have founded or born.

And this is in write to file tag in world map.

Changing to write to json world map only change when there is a locale tag.

Reply #94
There is no fallback country. Never has been.
I have been using the JSON for years without a problem.

You show a problem with United states being used, but in fact bio reports Beyond Horizons as an USA band. The panel can only show whatever you have at the tag, by bio or on JSON. There is no way it shows a default country.

Also what you report is simply impossible to be related to JSON usage, since setting it to "write tags to JSON" only writes tags to JSON. Only that. There are only 2 places in all the code related to that setting, and it only writes whatever the panel gets to the JSON.

So your tag problem , if any, comes from other place. If you set it to not save tags, nothing changes. If you have problems displaying a track without country, then it should be the same in any of the modes.

I have tested it and bio did change the selection mode many times in 1.4.2, see its thread. Reverted the commit Wil-b did, and works fine.

Reply #95
And here you got another example of BIO reporting Rush as an USA band, when they are from Canada (which is what I got on my JSON).

Whatever it's going on there, has nothing to do with my script.

Reply #96
There is no fallback country. Never has been.
I have been using the JSON for years without a problem.

You show a problem with United states being used, but in fact bio reports Beyond Horizons as an USA band. The panel can only show whatever you have at the tag, by bio or on JSON. There is no way it shows a default country.

Also what you report is simply impossible to be related to JSON usage, since setting it to "write tags to JSON" only writes tags to JSON. Only that. There are only 2 places in all the code related to that setting, and it only writes whatever the panel gets to the JSON.

So your tag problem , if any, comes from other place. If you set it to not save tags, nothing changes. If you have problems displaying a track without country, then it should be the same in any of the modes.

I have tested it and bio did change the selection mode many times in 1.4.2, see its thread. Reverted the commit Wil-b did, and works fine.

To avoid interference, I deleted all locale tags in the files to test. One of the artist is from US (coincidence) but the others not, and all show US.

But anyway, I have Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({3A8A11D5-EAB3-4F0A-BFC0-5BB4CF450A7E}: Biography v1.4.2 by WilB): initialized in 347 ms.

This version have the changes that you said?

Reply #97
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.10.0

3.10.0 - 2024-02-28
Added

Configuration: added COMPOSER to the list of global tags.
    Configuration: added LOCALE LAST.FM to the list of global tags.
    Configuration: added integrity checks to global user settings files, found at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global[...].json'. In particular queries are now check to ensure they are valid and will throw a popup at init otherwise. Other settings are check to ensure they contain valid values too.
    Configuration: expanded user configurable file at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json' with a new setting to output to console profiling logs at script init. They work globally. Disabled by default.

Changed

Configuration: changed the remove duplicates bias to prefer tracks with higher play-counts and positive feedback tag (love/hate).
    UI: optimized repainting to use less resources on statistics mode.
    UI: highly optimized map images (which should now use less resources).
    Console: improved log file formatting on windows text editors which parse new lines only with CR+LF instead of LF.
    Code cleanup.

Removed
Fixed

Biography Integration: crash applying integration in some cases.
    Minor fixes

Reply #99
Next version will have an easily configurable 'Memory mode' which changes different settings to adjust RAM usage.

With the background options in none and only circles, I hadn't had any error today. Fingers cross